A list of the BEST places to find free cut files for your Silhouette CAMEO, Portrait, Curio, and Mint!
If you have a Silhouette CAMEO, Portrait, Curio or Mint chances are you love to make cute crafts with awesome designs. There are tons of places that you can get designs from both free and paid, and I am sharing some of my all time favorites for free cut files today. But before we dive in I have a few IMPORTANT things for you:
- Make sure to PIN THIS POST to your Silhouette board on Pinterest! You can pin this post here or the button at the top. Pinning the post makes it easy for you to find and reference again, and also helps support my blog by spreading the word! I really appreciate your help! Also, follow me on Pinterest for all the crafty inspiration!
- Join my CRAFTY Email List! No spam ever, but you will get an email each time I share a new Silhouette Tutorial or free cut file so you can build your skills and your library for your Silhouette!
Best Places to Find Free Silhouette Cut Files
The list below will give you my favorite resources click the blog name for all freebies, or the suggested favorite or picture for that specific favorite!
- Silhouette Blog– The Silhouette Blog features a free cut file every single week! You can click the link through to their blog and then you should see the announcement for the free file of the week to click on in the sidebar on a desktop. What they giveaway changes each week, but I have seen everything from inspirational phrases, to cute graphics, to more elaborate 3-d cut files. Make sure to pin this post so you can check back often!
- The Pinning Mama – If you are new here, make sure and take some time to look around! I offer tons of Free Silhouette Cut Files and lots of beginner Silhouette Tutorials! One of my recent favorites is the cut file for these Free Planner Stickers. What types of cut files do you like to see? Leave a comment and maybe you will see one pop up soon!
- Kimber Dawn Co– This site offers a new cut file EVERY Friday! These are often cute sayings or doodles that go perfect on shirts, coffee mugs, tank tops, wooden signs, and other popular items people like to craft and sell! Also, if you sign up for their newsletter they send you bonus freebies! This Free Adventure Awaits cut file (hand lettered by Dawn Nicole below) is one of my favorites!
- By Dawn Nicole– Dawn is a crazy talented Artist and Hand Letterer (is that a word?!) She makes lots of really fun Silhouette projects and my favorite part is many of her free cut files are hand lettered so completely unique files you won’t be able to get anywhere else!! You can find many of her hand lettered creations on Kimber Dawn Co above, but she also has a lot of awesome freebies on her own blog. I used this fun free straw topper cut file on New Years, but wouldn’t it be adorable for an engagement party too!?
- Silhouette School Blog– This is the mecca for learning all things Silhouette. Melissa not only breaks it all down into tutorials on her site, but she also offers a ton of freebies! So if you haven’t checked it out set aside some serious time to browse all the awesomeness you will find on her site! She always has seasonal and holiday cut files and one of my year round favorites perfect for any coffee lover is this I Love You A Latte coffee mug cut file.
- Fynes Designs– If anyone has impeccable design, it is Virginia Fynes! Besides giving away tons of gorgeous free cut files, she makes some of the most amazing projects and creations and is so generous with her knowledge on her blog. She is the undisputed master of the scroll saw and creates some real masterpieces with it, but I think my favorite project from her site are these adorable Santa Sacks, which she offers a free cut file for! Are you as in love with these as I am?
- Infarrently Creative– Beckie has been a long time friend of mine who I admired WAY before I even knew her. Her projects are always without a doubt stunning. She does especially amazing things with furniture rehabs and wooden signs. This Be The Good Sign is one that I fell in love with the moment I saw it!
- Where the Smiles Have Been– There are tons of Silhouette projects on this site and many have free cut files to go along with them! A great place to get inspired!
- Marvelous Mommy– I really love this site because not only does she have tons of projects, but the free cut files she offers are not your same ol’, same ol’ , a lot of them are super cool 3-d files to make awesome things like little girl tea cups and cute cupcake dessert boxes. LOVE!
- Pitter and Glink– This blog doesn’t have a ton of free files, but I had to include her because I am in LOVE with her “I just want to make pretty things” typographic t-shirt project with free cut file. It seriously speaks to my soul!
- The Latest Find – Tons of super cute free files here. These are available in an SVG format which means you will need the Silhouette Designer Edition Software to use it. You can either get the software upgrade (usually the best deal on Amazon here) or open the jpeg file she provides and use the trace function. I really love this cute mason jar cut file!
Well that should more than get you started with awesome cut files to create with, BUT if you need even more to beef up your collection, check out this post on 10+ places to get FREE SVG cut files! It is one of my most popular posts!