Buffalo lime grilled chicken is made with the perfect ratio of hot sauce to lime that will give you a delicious tangy zing perfect for a family dinner or a cookout for a crowd!
After going so long without a grill (long story but we had a tiny yard for years) we have been pretty much binging on grilled food since we got into our new house with our new grill. And I mean why shouldn’t we? Grilled food is almost unanimously healthy and delicious. Plus it doesn’t heat up the house in the summer and splits up the cooking duty between me and my husband.
Since we haven’t really grilled in years I was seriously out of practice with my marinades and seasonings. I have a serious love of good food and throwing my chicken breast in some salad dressing in a bag in the fridge just wasn’t cutting it. So I did what I do, and obsessed. With some research and some experimenting, we have been eating good people.
This is one of those experiments that went terribly RIGHT. We both loved it! Now we are buffalo lovers anyway but this was perfect. Just 4 ingredients in the marinade + the chicken and boom. Perfection on the grill.
Now let me tell you what this recipe is not. It is not overpoweringly buffalo. It is not going to taste like chicken wings that was drenched in buffalo sauce because it is not dipped in the sauce once it is done (unless you want to of course… then in that case, go for it!) It has subtle flavors of buffalo and lime and is perfect to get a hint of the flavor to compliment a tender juicy chicken breast. If you like it hotter, feel free to up the hot sauce, or add some additional on to it while it is grilling.
This is one of many grilling marinade and rub recipes I have coming your way. While this one is more subtle others are crazy flavor filled. Each one is perfect for something different! So if you love to grill… stay tuned and enjoy this one for now!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp Franks Hot Sauce
- The juice of one lime, squeezed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Trim excess fat from the chicken breast and place in a ziplock bag.
- Add hot sauce, lime juice, and garlic powder to the chicken.
- Squeeze out air and zip bag closed. Then work the marinade all around in the bag to mix and coat chicken.
- Let sit for 2 hours- over night.
- Grill chicken on medium high heat for 6-8 minutes with the lid down and then flip and grill an additional 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.