This Cheddar Ranch Bean Dip recipe is absolutely the perfect quick and easy party appetizer. You only need 4 ingredients and you can have it from the pantry to the oven in just 5 minutes and to the table shortly after that. You will love this great twist on classic bean dip that makes it into this over the top delicious dish.
I’ll be totally honest. Beans don’t usually excite me. And when I think bean dip, I kind of think the stuff in a can my dad used to eat. So bean dip was never way up there on my list of things that I wanted to be the one to bring to the party. If you feel the same way, hear me out because THIS bean dip just might change your mind.
Not only is it insanely quick and easy to throw together, this is not some crusty, old, boring bean dip. This is creamy and packed with some of my favorite flavors- ranch and cheddar. Despite the fact that very little can go wrong when you combine ranch and cheddar, when you mix them into this dish something very, very right happens.
There are only four ingredients in this dip which make it super easy to make and easy to have all the stuff you need on hand so if you are headed somewhere and realize you completely forgot you needed to bring something, this recipe comes right to the rescue. I might just know this from personal experience…
The other thing this recipe is great for is a great twist on traditional refried beans as a side dish. You can whip it up to go with fajitas, for Taco Tuesday, or your favorite Mexican dish. It is also great if you have any left overs to put it in a quesadilla or on some nachos. YUM!
Cheddar Ranch Bean Dip Recipe – Step by Step
Follow along below for my step by step notes on this recipe, or just scroll down to the bottom for a full printable recipe.
- 1 30 oz can refried beans – This is the large size can. If you prefer you can use 2 of the small cans without altering the recipe. It is slightly more than one large can but not enough to really make a difference in the end result. I usually use vegetarian refried beans, but you can absolutely use whatever variety or flavor you prefer. I have just always used those since the tend to be a little bit lighter, so it is what I have on hand normally.
- 1 cup sour cream – You can use regular or light here if you want to save a few calories. Either work great!
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dip mix, OR 1 Tbsp homemade ranch mix– I really, really like to season pretty much anything with ranch so I keep this stuff on hand and might even buy the Costco size.
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded- 8 ounces of cheese is about 2 cups or one small package of preshredded cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix beans, sour cream, ranch mix, and half, about 1 cup, of the cheddar cheese together until it is combined then place it in a medium baking dish and cover with the remaining cheese. Make sure to use a fairly big dish (about 2 quart) because once you mix it all together it makes a pretty good amount.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and serve warm with chips or as a side dish. If you get in a big hurry, you can also microwave it for a minute, mix it up, and repeat until it it piping hot.
It is quick. It is easy. It is delicious. And it feed a whole bunch of people. That my friends is a winner! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! If you give it a try, I would love to hear about it in the comments, or tag me in a pic on Instagram @easyfamilyrecipes.
- 1 30 oz can refried beans (or 2 small cans)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dip mix, OR 1 Tbsp homemade ranch mix
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix beans, sour cream, ranch mix, and half (4 oz) of the cheddar cheese together until it is combined then place it in a medium baking dish and cover with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and serve warm with chips or as a side dish.