Are you looking for a mixture of sweet and savory? This Asian Meatball Sub sandwich is the perfect choice. Full of meatballs, cabbage, bell pepper, and topped with a spicy mayo, this sandwich does not disappoint. These sub sandwiches only have a few ingredients but they are loaded with flavor, and perfect for a hearty dinner or lunch. This meal is perfect to meal prep and eat throughout the week with all the leftovers.
The BEST Pineapple Teriyaki Meatball Subs
I love to use the leftovers from recipes to create new recipes, and this is one of those new creations. This recipe comes from my Pineapple Teriyaki Meatballs. My kids love these meatballs and they were super excited to try them in this sub. This sandwich reminds me of summer.
Make sure you check out these other popular meatball recipes on my sites, Homemade Italian Turkey Meatballs, Crockpot Grape Jelly Meatballs, and Buffalo Ranch Chicken Meatballs. Take a look now, or pin them for later!
How to Serve Asian Meatball Subs
I love to eat these subs for lunch or dinner, here are a few of my favorite sides to serve it with:
- Smashed potatoes
- Roasted Vegetables
- Veggies and Ranch
- Potato Salad
- Pasta Salad
- Fruit Salad
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
Tips and Tricks for Asian Meatball Subs
This recipe is super quick and easy. The best part is the meatballs were done for a previous meal so they are ready. Toast the sub rolls in the oven. Place warm meatballs in the sub, top with cabbage, pepper and drizzle with the dressing. Enjoy!
Can I use spinach or lettuce in place of coleslaw?
Yes, but what I love about the coleslaw is the crunch you get when you bite into the sub. Cabbage pairs really well with asian flavors as well.
Is this recipe gluten free?
No, but if you eliminate the bread and use gluten free bread it is.
How do I store the leftovers from Asian Meatball Subs
I would store everything separately and assemble the sandwich once you are ready to eat.
- To refrigerate: store leftovers in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- To freeze: place in an airtight container and place in the freezer for up to a month. I like to package them in individual serving sizes so they can be quickly reheated for one.
I hope you enjoy these delicious Asian Meatball Subs as much as my family does.
If you do get a chance to try it, I would love it if you let me know! You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipesso that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Oh and before you go!… If you need a regular rotation of recipe inspiration like me, make sure to sign up to get our emails! I send out my new favorites, the recipes my family has been devouring, and some of the best tried and true recipes. It is easy and free of course! You can click here to sign up !
Asian Meatball Subs
- Split each sub roll and arrange on a baking sheet cut side up. Brush the cut side with olive oil and sprinkle garlic salt evenly over them.
- Bake at 425˚F for 5-8 minutes or until the edges are browned and the bread is toasted.
- Place 4 warm meatballs on each sub roll. Top each one with 1/4 of the cabbage mixture, 1/4 of the bell pepper, and a drizzle of the spicy mayo. Serve immediately and enjoy!