Avocado Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups salsa verde
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 taco sized flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded chicken (about 3 chicken breasts)
- 1-2 Avocados, diced
- 8 oz shredded Mexican blend or sharp cheddar cheese
- In a mixing bowl, combine sour cream, salsa verde and milk and stir until combined.
- In a 9x13 casserole dish, spread a small amount of the sour cream mixture to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Cut the tortillas in half and layer 6 half pieces (3 whole tortillas) with the flat (cut side) against the edges of the pan to cover the bottom.
- Spread half of the chicken over the tortillas, then half of the avocado on top of the chicken.
- Spoon half of the remaining sauce mixture over the chicken and avocado and then cover with half the cheese.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients- tortillas, chicken, avocado, sauce, cheese.
- Bake at 350? F for 40-50 minutes or until it is heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- After removing from the oven, let rest for 5-10 minutes and then cut and serve.
- Garnish with cilantro and tomatoes if desired.
Recipe by The Pinning Mama at https://www.thepinningmama.com/avocado-chicken-enchilada-casserole/