Bakery Style Strawberry Poppy Seed Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 oz coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, then add vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, poppy seeds and salt; stir into creamed mixture, alternating with sour cream until just moistened.
- Fold in strawberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups until two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400 F for 20-25 minutes or until just done in the middle.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Recipe by The Pinning Mama at https://www.thepinningmama.com/bakery-style-strawberry-poppy-seed-muffins/