This chicken bacon ranch sub is what sandwich dreams are made of! Loaded with flavorful chicken, crispy bacon, cheese, and ranch dressing. These sandwiches are perfect for a Quick & Easy weeknight meal for those on-the-go nights. These subs can be made using a rotisserie chicken or our famous Skillet Ranch Chicken. So grab your napkins because this meal is going to have you licking your fingers when you are done.
I love anything with the flavor of bacon or ranch in it. This recipe is perfect for a summer meal. Ranch allows you to take your sandwich to the next level. My kids love this sandwich and ask for it on a regular basis for both lunch and dinner!
Delicious Chicken Bacon Ranch Subs
This recipe only has a few ingredients but it is flavorful, and can be made in a short amount of time. I love to make this for a quick weeknight dinner, especially in the summer.
If you have company coming over you can make a few of these all on one big baking sheet and feed a crowd in just a few minutes. I have even made it for a girls night and instead of doing the recipe like sub sandwiches, I made it flat and served them open faced in smaller pieces so people could graze.
You can prepare this however you like but trust me when I say you will be happy whichever way you do it. I love this meal because it is stress free and easy to make.
What to Serve with Chicken Bacon Ranch Subs
These sub sandwiches are so delicious you may not need any sides but here a few of my favorite sides to serve with to make it a wholesome meal.
- Pasta Salad
- Kale Salad
- Sautéed Green Beans
- Smashed Potatoes
- Lemony Chickpea Salad
- Sautéed Vegetables
- Fruit Salad
- Bacon Parmesan Ranch Potato Salad
If you have any serving suggestions please comment below, I love getting ideas from my readers.
Tips and Tricks for Making Chicken Bacon Ranch Subs
These subs are super quick and easy to make. I am going to run through an overview here and add some notes that might be helpful for you while making the dish. Make sure to get the FULL recipe at the bottom.
For the Chicken:
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Place the chicken, in a zip lock or airtight container with olive oil, and ranch seasoning. Let it marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat a small amount of olive oil over med high heat, once the pan is hot, add the chicken.
- Cook for 3-4 min without turning, let chicken cook an additional 2-3 min on the other side.
For the Sandwich:
- Cut the sub rolls in half, and butter the inside. Sprinkle with garlic salt and place in a preheated oven and toast until the edges are slightly brown.
- Place 1/4 of the chicken, top with lettuce, tomato, bacon, cheese, and drizzle with ranch dressing.
FAQ’s for Chicken Bacon Ranch Subs
What is the best kind of bread to use for the subs?
I really like to use sub rolls but you could use Hawaiian rolls for smaller subs, French bread for one large sandwich to cut up for parties.
Can I use other meat in place of ranch chicken bites?
You can substitute with whatever meat you have on hand. I really like the ranch chicken because of the flavors. You could also make the ranch chicken with steak instead.
How can I make this sub low carb?
This sub can be made low carb by replacing the bread with lettuce leaves. This is one of my favorite ways to eat sandwiches.
More Easy Sub and Wrap Ideas for Busy Weeknights
I hope you enjoy these sandwiches as much as my family does.
If you do get a chance to try it, I would love it if you let me know! You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipesso that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Oh and before you go!…If you need a regular rotation of recipe inspiration like me, make sure to sign up to get our emails! I send out my new favorites, the recipes my family has been devouring, and some of the best tried and true recipes. It is easy and free of course! You can click here to sign up.
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Sub Sandwiches
For the Chicken
- 2 lb Chicken breast (or shredded rotisserie chicken)
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp ranch seasoning
For the Sandwich
- 4 sub rolls 6 inch
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 8 strips bacon cooked crispy
- 4 oz colby jack cheese sliced
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
To make the chicken:
- Cut the chicken into 1 inch pieces. Place them in a zip top bag, or air tight container with 1 tbsp olive oil, and ranch seasoning. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, transfer the chicken to the skillet in a single layer. Let cook 3-4 minutes on the first side without stirring. Then turn the chicken and let cook an additional 2-3 minutes on the other side. Cook until done (165˚F internal temp.)
To make the subs:
- Cut the sub rolls in half and spread butter on the cut sides of each roll. Sprinkle 1/4 of the garlic salt on each roll and then place them on a baking sheet in the oven at 425˚F for 5-8 minutes or until the butter is melted and the edges are toasted.
- Assemble the sandwiches by placing 1/4 of the chicken on each sandwich, then topping with lettuce, tomato, bacon slices, cheese, and finally 1 tbsp of ranch spread on the top of the roll.
- Close the sandwich, cut in half, and enjoy!
Nutrition facts provided based on my best estimation for the recipe and may not be accurate depending on what brands you use or modifications you make to the recipe. I recommend using a nutrition calculator with the exact brands and measurements you use for the most accurate calculation.
©2019 The Pinning Mama- Recipe found at:https://www.thepinningmama.com/chicken-bacon-ranch-subs/
For more great easy dinner inspiration, sign up for our emails here!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)