Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Parfait
Yield 4 servings
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 1 lb. strawberries
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 12 chocolate-filled Oreos, or similar cookie
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. powdered sugar, divided
- 1 1/3 cup heavy cream, divided
- Chop chocolate in pieces, then melt in a microwave. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Set aside 4 strawberries, then remove stems and slice the remaining berries.
- Place strawberries in a small bowl and combine with 1 tsp. sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- Chop Oreos into small pieces. Set aside.
- Place cream cheese and 1/4 cup powdered sugar in a stand mixer bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate to cream cheese and mix until well incorporated.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add 1 cup heavy cream.
- Keep mixing until cream is fully incorporated, then increase speed and blend until mixture is light, creamy, and holds a soft peak. Set aside.
- Whisk together remaining 1/3 cup heavy cream and 1 tbsp. powdered sugar in a small bowl until it can hold a soft peak. Set aside.
- To assemble parfaits, place a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of each glass.
- Top cream cheese with a spoonful of cookies, then a layer of strawberries.
- Repeat these layers one more time, then add another layer of the cream cheese mixture.
- Add a spoonful of whipped cream to each parfait, then garnish with the reserved strawberries.
- Enjoy parfaits immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe by The Pinning Mama at https://www.thepinningmama.com/chocolate-covered-strawberry-parfait/