Chocolate-Dipped Shortbread Hearts
Yield 2 dozen 3-inch cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups flour
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer). Cream until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and salt to butter. Blend together.
- Pour flour into bowl and mix just until blended.
- Gather dough and place on floured board.
- Roll out dough with a rolling pin to about 1/4-inch thick.
- Use a 3-inch heart-shaped cutter to cut out cookies.
- Place cookies on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Gather dough scraps and roll again so you can cut out more cookies.
- Bake cookies until they begin to get golden around edges, about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Cool cookies on a wire rack.
Dip cookies in chocolate:
- Break chocolate into medium pieces and place in a small bowl.
- Microwave chocolate for 1.5 minutes at 50%, stir.
- Continue microwaving and stirring chocolate at 20 second intervals until only small pieces of chocolate remain.
- Stir chocolate until smooth.
- Dip cookies into chocolate or use a spoon to drizzle chocolate over cookies. Store on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Place cookies in freezer until chocolate sets. Enjoy immediately or store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Recipe by The Pinning Mama at https://www.thepinningmama.com/chocolate-dipped-shortbread-hearts/