Serve up a big bowl of this Creamy Rosemary Potato Soup tonight. It’s the perfect antidote to cold winter weather!
Hi, everyone! It’s Ginnie from Hello Little Home, and I’m sharing one of my favorite recipes today.
Winter has arrived in full force here in New York. It’s so cold outside that my face hurts, and it’s only going to get worse before it gets better. All I want to do is stay inside and eat lots of comfort food. Are you with me?
There is nothing better than a steaming bowl of soup on an icy cold day, and my Creamy Rosemary Potato Soup is no exception.
This rich and flavorful soup is filled with vegetables and couldn’t be easier to make. You don’t even have to peel the potatoes!
You’ll start by sauteing a base of onions, carrots, and celery. Once everything is softened, season the vegetables with rosemary and garlic. The red potatoes (my favorite!) are added next, along with the broth, and simmered until tender.
I finished the soup by pureeing half the vegetables and stirring in a little cream. Yum! If you’re watching calories, feel free to skip the cream. It will be still be delicious!
Just before serving, top the soup with cheddar cheese and sliced green onions, or have fun picking your own toppings!
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Creamy Rosemary Potato Soup
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 garlic cloves crushed or minced
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 4 tbsp. flour
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 5 large red potatoes diced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- shredded cheddar cheese and slice green onions optional
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large pot.
- Add celery, carrots, and onion to pot and saute until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir garlic and rosemary into vegetables; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Mix flour into pot and stir until vegetables are coated.
- Add broth and potatoes to vegetables and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and use an immersion blender to puree about half of the vegetables. (If you do not have an immersion blender, remove half of the vegetables from the pot and puree in a blender.)
- Reheat soup, if necessary, then stir in heavy cream.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve soup hot, topped with cheddar cheese and green onions, if desired.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
If you like this Creamy Rosemary Potato Soup, you’ll enjoy these recipes, too!
Hi, I’m Ginnie, and I blog over at Hello Little Home! I’m a married New Yorker with a creative streak, and I love to write about some of my favorite things: food, DIY, fashion, interior design, travel, and more.