Creamy Tomato Soup with Garlic Croutons
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3 slices firm Italian bread, cubed
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (28-oz.) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup basil leaves (lightly packed), chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray, then top with cubed bread.
- Bake until bread is dried out and beginning to brown around the edges, about 7 - 10 minutes. Remove bread from oven and place in a medium bowl.
- Mix together butter, garlic, Parmesan, and salt.
- Pour butter mixture over croutons and toss well.
- Return croutons to baking sheet and cook until golden brown, about 5 - 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine olive oil, garlic, salt, and crushed red pepper flakes in a large pot.
- Heat over medium heat until garlic is fragrant.
- Stir crushed tomatoes and vegetable broth into garlic.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove soup from heat, then stir in basil and cream.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve soup topped with croutons.
Recipe by The Pinning Mama at https://www.thepinningmama.com/creamy-tomato-soup-with-garlic-croutons/