Delicious Coconut Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 pre-baked 9-inch pie crust
- 1 cup sweetened, shredded coconut, toasted, divided
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup + 3 Tbsp granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3 oz cream cheese, diced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp coconut extract, to taste
- For Topping:
- Fresh whipped cream, lightly sweetened
- Sweetened, shredded coconut, toasted
- In a medium saucepan combine coconut milk, 1/2 cup of the milk, 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup of the granulated sugar and the salt.
- Set mixture over medium heat, and bring mixture nearly to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl whisk together remaining 1/2 cup milk and cornstarch until well blended.
- In another small mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolks with remaining 3 Tbsp sugar.
- Slowly pour 1/2 cup of the hot milk into the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly (to temper the eggs).
- Pour egg yolk mixture and cornstarch mixture into saucepan, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring vigorously, for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract and coconut extract; stir until well blended.
- Stir in 1/2 - 3/4 cup coconut, reserving the rest for topping on the finished pie.
- Pour mixture into baked pie crust. Cover with plastic wrap and chill 2 - 3 hours.
- Top with whipped cream and the toasted coconut.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Recipe by The Pinning Mama at https://www.thepinningmama.com/delicious-coconut-cream-pie-recipe/