Double Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- 4 ounces high-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour an 8x8 square baking pan.
- In a medium saucepan, combine fine-quality dark chocolate and butter. Melt over low heat, stirring frequently, until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Allow mixture to cool for about 3 minutes, then add sugar and vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, whisking well after each addition. Mixture should be smooth and glossy.
- Stir in salt and flour until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips until evenly distributed. (optional)
- Pour batter into pan.
- Place peanut butter into a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat for about 15 seconds, just enough time for the peanut butter to soften.
- Stir peanut butter rapidly until smooth and a little runny.
- Pour peanut butter evenly over surface of brownies.
- With a knife, "cut" peanut butter into brownie surface to swirl it around. (make a beautiful design if you're up for it!)
- Bake for 30-33 minutes, or until toothpick comes out with crumbs (not goo).
- Cool brownies completely before cutting into squares.
Recipe by The Pinning Mama at https://www.thepinningmama.com/double-dark-chocolate-peanut-butter-brownies/