Easy No-Bake Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
Yield 12 -16 bars
- 2 cups quick oats (must be quick oats)
- 1 and 1/2 cups puffed rice cereal
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (for topping)
- Before starting, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, waxed paper, or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats and rice cereal. Stir until combined.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, honey, and vanilla.
- Microwave for 30 second increments, until melted together.
- Pour liquid mixture into oat mixture and still until combined.
- Pour all of mixture into lined baking sheet. Press down and in until compacted into a rectangle. (To avoid sticking on your hands, you may want to "grease" them with a little bit of butter.)
- If using chocolate chips, sprinkle on top and lightly press down.
- Place in fridge for about 15 minutes, or until cooled and set. (Don't leave for TOO long or they will become very hard and may be difficult to cut.)
- Remove from fridge and cut bars with a sharp knife or flat-edge pastry cutter.
Recipe by The Pinning Mama at https://www.thepinningmama.com/easy-no-bake-chocolate-chip-granola-bars/