Fresh Cranberry Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl, then add the eggs one at a time and once mixed well, add the vanilla and mix to combine. Stir in the sour cream to the mixture and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in thirds, mixing just until moistened.
- Rinse and roughly chop the cranberries, then fold them into the muffin batter.
- Fill each cup in the Demarle at Home muffin tray 2/3 full and bake on the middle rack for 15-20 minutes or until the tops of the muffins are golden brown and the muffins are set.
Recipe by The Pinning Mama at https://www.thepinningmama.com/fresh-cranberry-muffins/