Thickest & Chewiest Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 c butter, softened
- 1/2 c shortening
- 1 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Hershey's Special Dark Cacao
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Combine flour, cocoa, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt and mix together.
- Mix dry ingredients slowly into wet ingredients and blend well.
- If the dough is crumbly, stir in water 1 teaspoon at a time until it just holds together. The dough should not be sticky.
- Add in chocolate chips and stir until evenly distributed.
- Using ¼ cup measure, scoop out dough and form into a ball. Continue until all dough is balled. Approx 24 cookies.
- Place dough in the freezer for 2 hours or up to 3 months.
- Place frozen cookie onto parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 12-18 min.
- Let cool 2 minutes.
Recipe by The Pinning Mama at https://www.thepinningmama.com/how-to-make-thick-chewy-double-chocolate-chip-cookies/