Light Creamy Lemon Pesto Pasta with Spinach
- 1/2 Box Barilla Plus Farfelle Pasta
- 2 Envelopes dry creamy pesto mix (I use Knorr)
- 21/4 +1/4 Cup Low Fat or Fat Free Milk
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1 Bag chopped spinach leaves
- 1 Cup Low fat or fat free mozzarella cheese
- Cubed or shredded chicken
- Artichoke hearts, Sun dried tomatoes
- Sweet peas
- Red bell pepper
- Prepare pasta according to package directions to al dente and strain.
- In a large pot, pour in the creamy past mix and 1/4 cup of milk and stir until all the mix has dissolved and there is no powder left.
- Add the rest of the milk and the lemon juice and bring to a boil and boil for one minute, stirring frequently.
- Lower temp to low and add in the chopped spinach and any additional add ins and stir to combine.
- Add in the cheese and stir well.
- Add the pasta back into the pot of sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Recipe by The Pinning Mama at https://www.thepinningmama.com/light-creamy-lemon-pesto-pasta-with-spinach/