These Ranch Chicken Stuffed Peppers are a perfect meal for the family. You get everything from your protein to your vegetables all in one dish. They are stuffed with beans, corn, & meat for a grain free delicious meal. You will have your whole family satisfied and happy at the end of the meal. These peppers are naturally gluten free and low carb to fit all your diet needs.
Healthy Ranch Chicken Stuffed Peppers
My mom made stuffed peppers all the time and I never appreciated how delicious they were as a child. I love them and make them all the time. I’m always trying new versions and this was a hit with my kids. I love stuffed peppers for kids because they are loaded with vegetables. You can make the inside mixture ahead of time. You can prepare stuffed peppers ahead of time, freeze them, and cook them later.
What to Serve with Ranch Chicken Stuffed Peppers
The thing I love about stuffed peppers is that you really don’t “have” to serve anything else with it. If you have some time here are a few of our favorite sides to serve them with.
- Rice, Quinoa, or other grains
- Mashed potatoes
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Gluten Free or Low Carb Options
- Cauliflower Rice
- Sautéed Spinach
What is in a Stuffed Pepper
The great thing about stuffed peppers is they can have a variety of ingredients in them. The most traditional stuffed peppers contain meat, rice and vegetables. These stuffed peppers use a precooked ground turkey mixture made with extra veggies instead of rice to keep the dish light, wholesome, and lower carb, while still keeping the meat moist and incredibly flavorful. These also have a mixture of corn, beans, and cilantro with a delicious mix of spices.
Tips & Tricks to Making Ranch Chicken Stuffed Peppers
These peppers are super simple to make. Combine your ranch chicken, beans, and corn in a mixing bowl. Wash the peppers and remove the tops and seeds inside. Stuff each pepper with 1 cup of the mixture. Place the peppers in a 9×13 baking dish. Top the peppers with cheese, and pour the chicken broth in the baking dish. Cover the peppers with aluminum foil and bake.
The chicken broth is used to help steam the peppers as they cook. By covering the dish tightly with aluminum foil the moisture from the broth will evaporate into steam but stay in the dish to help the stuffed bell peppers cook evenly throughout with a really delicate texture and the meat mixture retain its moisture.
Can Ranch Chicken Stuffed Peppers be made ahead and frozen?
Yes! These are a great meal to make ahead and freeze until you have time to cook it. These make a great meal to bring to someone that has had surgery or a new mom with a baby. They could freeze these until they need them or eat them that night.
The peppers will stay good for up to 6 months.
There are two different ways you can prepare the stuffed peppers ahead of time for the freezer:
- Partial Prep: Prepare the insides for the peppers and freeze. When ready to cook, thaw the meat and sauce and use fresh peppers to continue at step three to finish.
- Full Prep: To prepare this meal fully in advance complete steps 2-4 and then place peppers in an airtight container and freeze. When ready to cook, thaw peppers completely and then bake as directed.
How to Store Leftover Ranch Chicken Peppers
Once the peppers are made, you can store the leftovers in the refrigerator or freezer. They can stay in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days, or freeze them up to 6 months.
I really hope that your family enjoys this recipe as much as ours does!
If you do get a chance to try it, I would love it if you let me know! You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipesso that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Oh and before you go!… If you need a regular rotation of recipe inspiration like me, make sure to sign up to get our emails! I send out my new favorites, the recipes my family has been devouring, and some of the best tried and true recipes. It is easy and free of course! You can click here to sign up or on the button below.
Ranch Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- 2 cups Ranch Chicken
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels frozen, fresh, or canned
- 4 bell peppers any color
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped, optional garnish
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ranch chicken, black beans, and corn and mix until combined.
- Wash the peppers and cut the tops off, removing the seeds and ribs from the inside of the pepper. Stuff each pepper with about 1 cup of the meat mixture.
- Place the peppers in a baking dish. Top the peppers with cheese and pour the chicken broth in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 35-45 minutes or until the peppers are tender. Optional: remove the foil and broil for 2-5 minutes to brown the edges of the peppers and crisp the cheese.
- Garnish with cilantro if desired. Serve hot. Enjoy!