Salsa Verde Chicken Bake
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz dry whole green Canadian Lentils, rinsed
- 16 oz (1 jar) Salsa Verde
- 1 cup water
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400F
- After you have rinsed your lentils, place them in the bottom of a large casserole dish or 9x13 baking dish and then pour the salsa verde and water over them.
- Place each chicken breast side by side, directly on top of the mixture and then cover with foil and place on the middle rack in the oven for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, remove the foil, top with the shredded cheese, and then place back in the oven uncovered, for an additional 5-15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and let the dish set for 5-10 minutes then serve hot. Enjoy!
Recipe by The Pinning Mama at https://www.thepinningmama.com/salsa-verde-chicken-bake-recipe/