UPDATED FOR CHRISTMAS 2016!! The best gift ideas for a one year old boy! Your baby is turning into a little boy and this list has all sorts of toys and activities that he will love as he explores the world around him. From playtime, to educational toys, and active ride on toys, you will find this list loaded with big gift ideas to inexpensive presents to thrill your little guy!
As always, we have tried to give you a mixture of gifts ranging from inexpensive to expensive. We hope that this list helps you out, no matter what your budget! Please keep in mind that we have picked out gifts that your little one will hopefully be interested in for more than just a week – so your 12 month old will hopefully enjoy these when they’re 18+ months or even 2 years old! Some of these may have an older age range, so use your discretion.
- Leap Frog Cook and Play Potsy My 3 year old STILL loves this toy. I have every song memorized and now I get to sing while I’m cooking. “I Like it healthy, like it green, I’m a broc-co-li machine!” Man, the songs that come out of these toys are just so catchy!
- Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Workbench Here’s another one for you. “Whenever something’s broken I help to make it new, I’m super extra careful with everything I do!”
- Melissa & Doug Deluxe Pounding Bench We’ve said it before, but you can’t ever go wrong with a Melissa and Doug product. And this one is such a classic!
- Activity Tables: If your little one doesn’t already have one, this is a must. My son has his sister’s hand-me-down and loves it. This is excellent to help build that leg strength too! We have this Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Table, but there are many others such as Letter Train, LeapFrog, Baby Einstein or this Bright Starts activity table.
- Fisher Price Little People Wheelies, Big Rig
Stacking toys always go over well with babies. I love having these classic toys in our home!
- These First Year Stacking Cups make me nostalgic. Green Toys stacking cups bring me to the reality of 2013 though since everyone is going “green”.
- Fisher Price Rock n’ Stack
- Melissa & Doug Classic ABC Block Cart
- Short toys such as Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Baby’s First Blocks
- Cozy Coupe
- Prince Lionheart Wheely Bugs: I think this bumble bee is the cutest!
- Step2 Push Around Buggy
- Little Tykes Spray and Rescue Fire Truck
- Radio Flyer Ultimate Comfort Wagon
- Step2 Up and Down Roller Coaster
- V Tech Sit-to-Stand
- B. Zany Zoo Activity Box
- Little People Sets such as the airplane or farm animal sounds.
- Building Blocks such as Mega Bloks or Duplo. Personally, I think Mega Blocks are easier for the under 2.5 age range to manipulate.
- Puzzles – Melissa and Doug Construction in a box, Melissa and Doug wooden farm, or Melissa and Doug’s sound puzzle
- Fold and Store Trampoline with Handle – This is great for active ones, especially when it is too hot or cold to go outside!
Have fun picking out something fun that the little one in your life will enjoy!
What was your favorite toy as a child?
For more gift inspiration make sure to see our other gift list posts!