Searching for gift lists can be time consuming and frustrating. Every time I find the right gift it seems my little guy changes his mind. If you’re looking for the Ultimate Gift List for your 6 year old I have it right here. Gifts range from big and a little pricey to more affordable and small. This list should fit any of your little guys wants or needs.
These gifts are tried and true finds by friends, family, myself, and of course loved by our kids. I hope this eases your shopping headaches and you can just order them online and they will be delivered right to your door. I used to hate online shopping but I have come to love it over the years.
Best Gift Ideas for a 6 year old Boy
LEGO’s and Building Sets
My little guy loves building things. I know LEGO’s can be a pain but I love how creative they can be when they’re building their sets. The best part of legos is when they start building things on their own with their sets. All day today my kids have build different houses, jets, zoo’s and so on with their legos for hours. It make this mama’s heart happy.
I also love the Magnetic Blocks, huge hit in our house and the kids never get tired of playing with them. We have had these blocks for over 3 years and they look like the day we bought them. Another great thing about these blocks is they are safe if you have little ones around because they do not contain small pieces.
- Laser Pegs 6 in 1 Plane Building Set
- Building Blocks Dump Truck Robot Monster
- Magnetic Blocks
- Marble Run
- Building Bricks STEM toy
- LEGO City Volcano Explorers
- LEGO City Airport Cargo Plane
- LEGO Marvel Superheros Black Panther
- LEGO City Great Vehicles Ferry
- LEGO Ninjago Movie Master Falls
- LEGO City Firestation
- LEGO Starwars AT-ST Walker
I feel like around 6, boys especially start to really get into their gadgets. They seem to love building things that move electronically. My little guy loves anything that he can maneuver with a remote. Boys seems to get a thrill with things like that.
My little guy has also had a great time with his kidizoom camera. He makes videos all the time with his “go pro” as he calls it. He straps it to his helmet when he rides his bike or scooter.
- Remote Control Building Kits
- RC Tank Building Bricks
- WolVol 10 Channel Remote Control Robot
- Ipad Mini
- Kindle Fire
- Walkie Talkies
- V-tech Kidizoom Camera
Cars & Trucks
There’s nothing I love more than to see my little man building the ultimate Hot Wheels tracks to see his cars race. It’s a bit of a pain because it takes up space but the giggles and cheers as his car wins or completes the track is worth it. We love having races and making new jumps across the furniture.
Another great item is the road tape. My little man loves to make tracks all over the house. It’s also fun to make tracks outside on our deck or outside on the driveway.
- Neo Tracks
- Hot Wheels Criss Cross Crash Set
- Hot Wheels Track Builder Set
- Hot Wheels Monster Jam Grave Digger
- Car Designer by ZOOB
- Bruder MAN Crane Truck
- Spider-Man: Homecoming Spider Racer
- WolVol Transport Car Carrier Truck
- Light Up Monster Truck Set
- WolVol Friction Powered Garbage Truck
- Road Tape
All Boy Play
It seems like when a bunch of little boys get together all they want to do is have a big nerf gun war. That’s the case in my home. It drives me crazy when I find all the little bullets around but boys love these kind of things. My little man had a nerf gun party for his birthday so our bullets have tripled since then. If you’re tired of your kids just dress them up in camouflage gear and send them outside for a nerf gun war. This is one of my kids favorite things to do after school or on weekends.
- Marvel Avengers Foam Disc Shooter
- Newisland Big League Blaster Gun
- N-Strike Blazin’ Bow
- Night Zone Hoops
- Nerf Nitro Longshot Smash
- Star Wars: Rogue One Nerf Blaster
- Nerf N-Strike Elite Strongarm Blaster
- Nerf N-Strike Elite Precision Target Set
You never know what is truly going on in your little guy’s mind but it’s fun to see them dress up and use their imagination when playing. My little guy is always dressing up like something new, and takes the parts he dresses up like seriously. These are a few ideas to help spark their interest.
- Scientific Explorer Magic Science
- Super Hero Dress Up Costumes
- Boy’s Military Soldier Role Play
- Make Me A Pirate Play Set
- Pueri Kids Knight Set
- Light Saber
- Melissa & Doug Standing Art Easel
Little Boys crafts are definitely different than girls, but they can be just as fun. My little boy has the dinosaur dig lab and its one of his favorite things to do when he gets home from school. It can be a bit messy so I would say have then do this outside or place a lot of newspaper down before starting.
Another great activity is the Fold and Fly airplanes. We have contest after we build these to see how far each of our planes go. We fly them off the balcony which is the kids favorite part since that is not allowed otherwise.
- Made by Me Build & Paint Wooden Cars
- National Geographic Dinosaur Dig Kit
- Mega Crystal Growing Lab
- Real Insect Excavation Kit
- Melissa & Doug USA Map Floor Puzzle
- Fold N Fly Paper Airplanes
- Creativity for Kids Grow ‘n Glow Terrarium
- Melissa & Doug Scratch Art Color Reveal- Dinosaurs
I love anything that gets my kids outside. The most used item in this list is definitely the bike. We love bike riding as a family. It’s a great activity to spend all together especially when the weather turns a little cooler.
Another highly used item in their list is the scooter. The best thing about a scooter is it folds up super small so its easy to take them with you on vacation. The kids love riding them around the parking lot to get some exercise.
- Water Proof Binocular
- Web Swing
- Soccer Ball
- Light-up Air Power Soccer Disc
- N-Sports Vortex Football
- Razor Powerwing Scooter
- Ultra 4 Rockets
- Fly Bar Pogo Stick
- Roller Derby, Boys Roller Skate
- Toss and Catch Ball Set
I hope you find the Ultimate Gift List for 6 year old boys helpful. I really enjoy putting together these lists for the blog. I’m just an everyday mom of kids, and I love sharing some of our tried and true tested gifts. Hoping this list will ease your stress of searching for the perfect gift.
If you have any other gift ideas or comments please leave them below. I love to hear from all of you.