We have put together the best list of gift ideas for a 9 year old girl! It is not scientific, but simply the experience of two moms, with six kids between us, coming up with this great list of ideas to help you out! Gifts for birthdays or Christmas, from big to small, we have got you covered! Nine!!! It’s the last year before the double-digit ages! Enjoy it!
Nine year old girls are so much fun! In my opinion, they are a sweet balance of child-like girls and nearing their tween years. They still love their mommies and love time spent with them. But, they are also quickly growing more independent and social. It is such a sweet time for moms to continue shaping them and teaching them, but also to enjoy them and time spent with them!
We have searched high and low and gathered some great ideas for gifts for the 9 year old girl in your life! These gifts are perfect for birthdays or Christmas, big or small, inexpensive or a bit pricier, there’s something for everyone! We hope you enjoy celebrating the 9 year old girl in your life with some of these creative gift ideas!
Arts & Crafts Gift Ideas for a 9 year old
My daughter loves all things “craft”. As a 9 year old, she is able to become much more independent in her crafting projects. She can read instructions. I don’t have to worry about her spilling every little thing! And, she is rewarded with the pride of completing a project all by herself. Here is a variety of crafting ideas for your own 9 year old girl!
- Washi Tape Stickers – Kids get to create their very own stickers made out of the pretty strips of tape. Designs and instructions are included!
- Duct Tape Fashion Crafts– Who knew duct tape is adored by kids today?! There are so many fun designs on the tape, and so many cute accessories that can be made with it!
- Magic Pens– My daughter is in love with these pens! These pens change color and erase color like magic! But, the best part is the attachment piece that is included in the kit. This piece holds the colored pen and also has a special straw with a hole pointed at the end of the pen. By blowing in this straw, it blows your air over the colored tip of the pen and gives an air brushed look on the paper. Pairing this with the stencils included, there are so many fun creations to be made!
- American Girl Ultimate Craft Set– Your daughter can design and create jewelry and crafts for her and her doll!
Sing & Dance Gift Ideas for a 9 year old
Music is a constant in our home! Either the piano is being played, pandora is giving us some background music, or kids are singing along to their favorite songs. But, the MOST fun is had when the karaoke machine is blasting or the kids are challenging each other to their favorite Just Dance song on the Wii! Whatever they choose, there are always lots of giggles! These are some of our favorite singing and dancing gift suggestions to give you!
- Karaoke Machine– My daughter received this singing machine for her birthday and it was the hit of the slumber party! You can connect the machine to your tv and the words of the songs will scroll on the tv for hours of singing fun!
- Extra Microphone– The karaoke machine only comes with one microphone. But, singing with friends is so much more fun! I would suggest getting a second microphone to keep the party going.
- Teen Beach 2 Karaoke CD– The karaoke machine can play any cd, as well as connect to your mp3 player to play any music you already have. But, unless you have specific karaoke music, the words won’t scroll on your tv. This Teen Beach 2 karaoke cd is by far my daughter’s favorite sing-along album!
- Just Dance 2016
- Just Dance Disney Party 2– This Just Dance album is a favorite in our home! So many songs from current Disney shows and great Disney movies!
Outdoor Activities Gift Ideas
There are so may great outdoor activities for kids. We are lucky enough to live in a cul-de-sac, so bike riding, rollerblading, and scooters are a constant in our days. My kids love to spend their afternoons, after school, playing outside!
We have suggested two different types of bikes for you here. One is a cruiser bike, which is a great basic bike- easy for any bike rider. The other is a 7-speed bike with the brake on the handlebars. This is great for a more advanced rider. Both are perfect for a 9 year old girl!
- Diamondback Clarity 24″ Bike
- Roller Blades
- Light Up Razor Scooter– There are 12 multi-color LED lights in the base of this scooter! So cool at night!
- Schwinn Cruiser Bike
Reading Gift Ideas
My daughter LOVES to read! My son… well… that’s another story for another day. But, my daughter loves to read! And she has really enjoyed finding a collection of books with the same characters, and reading through the entire collection. As her mom, it’s fun to hear about her and her little friends trading books and passing around their favorites when they finish reading them. Here are some favorites from the 9 year old girls in our lives.
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid Series
- Whatever After Series
- Dork Diaries Series
- My Weird School Series
- Reading Timer Bookmark– My kids have to read 20 minutes everyday for part of their homework. Sometimes 20 minutes is a breeze, and sometimes it’s a beat down. But, they both love this bookmark timer that tells them how long they have read! I no longer hear, “Mom! How much longer do I have to read?” It’s the perfect present!
Best Gift Ideas for a 9 year old who loves to cook
In case I haven’t said it already, 9 years old is such a fun stage! They are becoming more independent, but also still very much need their mommy to teach them and show them how to do things. As I mentioned before, crafting has become more fun, as they are capable of doing more on their own and more intricate projects. Well, baking has become fun mommy-daughter time for us. Teaching my daughter how to follow a recipe, how to read measurements, and how to follow instructions has been both fun and educational. You can’t beat that! Here are a few fun baking idea gifts for your 9 year old!
Best Game Gift Ideas for a 9 year old
In our home, every week we have Friday Family Fun Night! And it is filled with pizza and games. Here are some games that have been a hit with our family, but mostly with our 9 year old daughter! We’re sure they will make super birthday or Christmas gifts for the 9 year old girl in your life, as well!
- Uno Attack– This is a fun twist on the traditional UNO game. You never know when the UNO Attack device will shoot some extra cards your direction!
- Skip Bo
Best Electronic Gift Ideas
We keep it simple in our home when it comes to electronics. Mainly because we can’t justify spending a large amount of money on a fancy device for a young child. But, we are big fans of the Amazon Kindle. They are reasonably priced and still allow our kids to download music, play with different apps, and read books. We also love the ease of the parental controls.
- Kindle Fire
- Kindle Case– There are so many cute colors and designs to choose from!
Best Gift Ideas for a 9 Year Old Girl
Here are a few more ideas we had that we just couldn’t let you pass up!
- Jewelry Box– If your daughter is like mine, she’s beginning to transition from her “little girl dress up jewelry” to some pretty “big girl” bracelets and necklaces. This is a great jewelry box to keep her pieces safe.
- Lego Friends– Lego has so many great kits for girls! Bakeries, cafes, pet salons and shopping malls- just to name a few.
- Deluxe Spa Day
- Luggage Set
- Lap Desk– Homework is typically done at the breakfast bar or kitchen table in our home. But, sometimes my daughter loves to write or do her homework on the couch or even in her bed. This lap desk is a favorite of hers!
Other Gift Ideas for a 9 Year Old Girl
And remember, sometimes the best gifts can’t be delivered to your door.
Maybe there is something your daughter has wanted to do?
Or a special place she would love to visit?
For the last year, my daughter begged to take horseback riding lessons. So, we paid for four lessons at a local horse ranch outside of town (yes, we live in Texas!) and gave them to her for a Christmas present. It was, by far, her favorite present! And she has loved learning to ride horses! You know your daughter best!
What would bring her the most joy?
Best Gifts for a 9 Year Old Girl – Christmas 2018
These are some of the HOT gifts new this year that we think 9 year old girls will really love! Everything on the list above is timeless, but if you are looking for the new hot toys, these are a few of our favorites!
- Electric Scooter– This would qualify as a big gift, but they are all the rage with girls around here right now! If your daughter doesn’t have one then this is sure to put a huge smile on her face! This electric scooter is not quite as cute, but also much less expensive!
- Hair Chalk– Colored hair has been the cool thing to do this year. This hair chalk lets you try out the color and still be able to wash it out! This also makes a great stocking stuffer!
- Kids Smart Watch– If you are like me and think the kiddos are still a bit young to have a phone, you might consider a smart watch. You can get varying levels of them from basic to ones that are GPS enabled so that you can track them or be alerted when they leave a certain area like the Gizmo.
- Hogwarts Lego Set– Most 9 year olds still love legos, and now they are old enough to really build some extra-awesome creations. Lego just released a new set that if your girl is into Harry Potter, she will undoubtedly love!
- Never Girls Books– This is a favorite book collection that our girls love to read. It is based on many of the Disney characters they already know and love!
- Watercolor Pencils– These pencils are a favorite of my daughter. They aren’t technically a kid toy, but what is really cool about them is they color normal dry, but then when you paint them with water they change and blend colors. These are the perfect gift if your 9 year old is a budding artist!
Leave a Comment