Thick and Chewy Candy Bar Cookies
Yield 16 cookies
- 12 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups chopped candy bars
- Melt butter in a large bowl.
- Add sugars, salt, and vanilla to butter.
- Mix until smooth and shiny.
- Beat in egg.
- Whisk together baking powder and flour.
- Stir flour into butter mixture.
- Carefully mix candy bar pieces into dough.
- Roll dough into 16 equal balls and place on a greased baking sheet at least 1 inch apart.
- Gently press dough to flatten slightly.
- Cover baking sheets and refrigerate cookies overnight.
- The next day, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake cookies for about 15 minutes or until browned around the edges and on the bottom.
- Let cookies cool on pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Allow cookies to cool, then serve right away or store in an airtight container.
Recipe by The Pinning Mama at https://www.thepinningmama.com/thick-and-chewy-candy-bar-cookies/