Soft & Chewy Molasses Cookies
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup white sugar (for rolling cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt until combined.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and shortening, then add the brown sugar and molasses and beat until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in thirds stirring well to combine in between each addition. Dough should hold together well, but be very soft.
- Use a 1/4 cup measure to scoop the dough, then form into a ball and roll in the white sugar to coat.
- Place cookies on baking sheet and do not flatten. Bake on middle rack for 12-14 minutes or until the edges are just crisp and the middle is set.
Recipe by The Pinning Mama at https://www.thepinningmama.com/what-to-pack-in-a-military-care-package/