Buying vinyl for your Silhouette CAMEO can be confusing and frustrating. I will walk you through the best places to buy vinyl for your Silhouette CAMEO. Whether you are looking for cheap vinyl or a little nicer quality, I’ve got you covered. I buy vinyl from numerous sources so I will share my tips and tricks with you. There are so many great things you create with vinyl, but the first step is actually buying the vinyl.
I have exciting news!! We are having a Silhouette Black Friday. You do not want to miss this sale. You can get bundles on new Silhouette CAMEO’s. Click on this link to view my Silhouette CAMEO Black Friday 2018.
So lets get started!
Using your Silhouette for the first couple of times can be very intimidating. After I completed my first project I felt so much better and felt like I could tackle anything. I have created a Silhouette Bootcamp series to teach you how to use the silhouette software when designing projects. I have created a series of posts that will walk you through understanding all the important parts vinyl and using it in your Silhouette CAMEO. This guide is for the updated version 4 software.
Where to Buy Vinyl for Silhouette CAMEO
There are so many different brands and types of vinyl. Before I started using my CAMEO I was so confused s to where to buy my vinyl. Some places seemed expensive for the little amount you would get, yet it was convenient because it was at the store. Other online stores offers vinyl at better prices but you have to wait for it to ship to you. I’ve come to the conclusion if I am doing an important project or a project where I need lots of vinyl, I need to plan in advance and order it online.
Where to buy vinyl at a cheaper cost or where to buy lower quality vinyl
The best place to buy vinyl at a cheaper costs is Amazon. They tend to offer bigger quantities for smaller prices. You can also find lower quality vinyl at stores like Michaels or Hobby Lobby. Going to grab vinyl at these stores in a pinch is convenient. You can find coupons for discounts at theses stores. The brands of vinyl offered at these stores is not my favorite but works. I have a post on my favorite brands of vinyl.
- Amazon– The thing I love about amazon is they offer free shipping, and you get your product in 2 days if you are an Amazon prime member. The two companies I would recommend getting on amazon is Oracal and Siser. They “weed” very easy when ready to apply the vinyl and the vinyl doesn’t rip or tear easily. I also like how long it lasts for projects, and they have great color selections.
- Happy Crafters– You can buy large quantities of vinyl through this company. They also offer seasonal deals, so keep your eyes open.
- Michaels– Usually you can find coupons for product to Michaels. Just make sure you read the fine print, because vinyl is sometimes excluded.
- JOANN Fabrics– This store sells the same brand vinyl as other retail stores. If you time it right you may find great deals on vinyl.
- Hobby Lobby– You can always find coupons for vinyl, my favorite brands are not sold here, but the vinyl is ok to use.
- Walmart– Yes… Walmart even sells vinyl. It is usually sold in sheets (packs of different colors)
Where to buy good quality vinyl
The best places in m opinion to buy good quality vinyl is online. I have listed my favorites below.
- Expressions Vinyl– I love this vinyl and use it for a large majority of my projects. They offer so many different types and colors of vinyl. They ship it very quickly after you order.
- Silhouette America– The landing page for everything silhouette, they offer any kind of vinyl ever made. Certain times of the year you can find great deals on bundles offered by Silhouette.
- Happy Crafters– This company is used by many crafters and offers a wide variety of vinyl brands.
- Amazon– You can get two of my favorite brands on Amazon. Oracal and Siser are my favorites. The quality never disappoints.
Where to buy vinyl sheets for the CAMEO
Most often companies offering 12×12 inch sheets are found online. Stores like Michaels and Hobby Lobby generally sell vinyl in rolls. Sometimes I like to just use a small amount of vinyl, so in this case I like the smaller sheets instead of the rolls.
- Expressions Vinyl– I love that this company offers sheets. I use sheets most of the time, unless I am doing numerous projects of the same color or making a large wooden sign.
- Silhouette America– Silhouette is always offering the latest and greatest in vinyl.
- Amazon– You can purchase sheet sets on Amazon.
- Walmart– Sheet sets can be found online.
I hope these list help you on your search for vinyl. If you have any questions please comment below. Tune in next week to learn all about How to Cut Vinyl.