- 2 lbs chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 6 tbsp honey mustard prepared
- 1/2 tsp salt divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper divided
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder divided
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms roughly chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 cup crispy bacon crumbled
- 1 cup colby jack cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- Lay the chicken breast flat in a large casserole dish. Season with 1/4 tsp of each, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Spread 1-2 tbsp of honey mustard on top of each chicken breast to make a nice thick layer.
- Combine the chopped mushrooms, thinly sliced onions, oil, and remaining salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl and stir to coat. Then spread the mixture over the top of the chicken.
- Bake uncovered at 375˚F for about 30 minutes. Then remove the dish, crumble the bacon over the top then sprinkle cheese evenly over the dish and return to oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked though (internal temp of 165˚F.)
- Garnish with parsley and serve with mashed potatoes, rice, or your favorite side dish. Enjoy!
- You can cut the chicken in half, chunks, or use chicken tenderloins in lieu of full chicken breasts to make serving easier. Cooking time may be reduced.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to a month.