- 2 lbs chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 2 bell peppers medium sized, any color
- 1/2 onion medium
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- Lay the chicken breast flat in a large baking dish. If the chicken breast is thicker than about 1/2", cut it in half, or pound it so that it is half the thickness.
- Chop the bell peppers into a large dice. Chop onion into a fine dice. Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, peppers, onions, and fajita seasoning in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the chicken and smooth so it is evenly covered.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese evenly over the top of the dish. Then bake, uncovered, at 375˚F for 35-45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through (165˚F internal temp.)
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with your favorite sides. Enjoy!
- There will be liquid released from the chicken in the bottom of the pan after cooking. You can lift the chicken out to serve, or very carefully drain the liquid before serving.
- You can cut the chicken in half, chunks, or use chicken tenderloins in lieu of full chicken breasts to make serving easier. Cooking time may be reduced.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to a month.