For the Chicken:
- 2 lbs chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 9 oz chopped green chiles canned
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 8 oz cream cheese
For the Salad
- 3 romaine hearts chopped
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn drained or thawed
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 6 tbsp sour cream
- 6 tbsp guacamole
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
To prepare the chicken:
- Lay the chicken breasts flat on the bottom of the slow cooker. Cover with the green chilis, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Cover and set to low for 3 hours.
- At the 3 hour mark, open the lid and use forks to shred the chicken and mix it with the juices. Then lay the cream cheese on top of the shredded chicken and replace the lid and continue to cook on low for 30 more minutes.
- When the timer sounds remove the lid and mix the cream cheese into the chicken.
To assemble salad:
- Arrange the chopped romaine in one big bowl, or 6 individual bowls. Layer on top the chicken, pico de gallo, black beans, corn, and cheese.
- Dollop the sour cream and guacamole over the top, then garnish with the chopped cilantro.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!