This Pesto Chicken is a family favorite. It is creamy, delicious and can be served served in a variety of ways based on what your family likes. The Pesto Chicken is packed with flavor and loved by both kids and adults. Since it is only a few simple ingredients and one dish, you can make it quickly and clean up is a breeze.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast (3-4 chicken breasts)
- 8 oz Philadelphia cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup basil pesto prepared
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 6 leaves fresh basil chopped
Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
Mix softened cream cheese and pesto together until combined.
Lay chicken breasts flat in a large baking dish. Spread pesto mixture evenly over the chicken breasts and sprinkle the mozzarella over the top.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (internal temperature of 165˚F.)
Garnish with cherry tomatoes and fresh basil. Serve hot over rice, spinach, pasta, or mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
This recipe is naturally gluten free, low carb, and friendly for low carb and keto diets.
Gluten free- make sure to check the labels on the pesto and cream cheese to ensure this. Most of the brands should be gluten free.
Weight Watchers Freestyle: 6 SmartPoints
Nutrition facts provided based on my best estimation for the recipe and may not be accurate depending on what brands you use or modifications you make to the recipe. I recommend using a nutrition calculator with the exact brands and measurements you use for the most accurate calculation.
©2018 The Pinning Mama- Recipe found at: https://www.thepinningmama.com/pesto-chicken/
- If chicken breasts are thick, I recommend butterflying them (cutting in half so they are half the thickness) so that they cook more quickly and evenly.
- You can cut the chicken in half, chunks, or use chicken tenderloins in lieu of full chicken breasts to make serving easier. Cooking time may be reduced.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to 3-5 days, or in the freezer for up to a month. The chicken reheats well, or can be shredded and mixed into the sauce for using on other dishes like pizza, manicotti, or in a panini.
Serving: 4oz chicken plus sauce | Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 469mg | Sugar: 2g