- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 6-8 thin pieces (about 1/2")
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- In a shallow dish, mix the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning until combined.
- Roll the chicken breast in the flour so all sides are coated and shake any excess off. Then dip the chicken into the egg mixture and then roll the chicken in the bread crumb mixture.
- Place each chicken piece on a greased cookie sheet flat and not touching the other other chicken breast. You many need two cookie sheets to spread them out without touching.
- Bake on the lower oven rack for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (internal temp 165˚F) . Remove from the oven, spoon 1-2 tbsp marinara sauce over each chicken breast and top each with the sliced mozzarella. Return to the oven on the top rack and place on broil for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and starts to brown. Serve hot. Enjoy!