Baked Southwest Chicken
This Baked Southwest Chicken is the perfect one dish dinner! Serve it over rice, with a side salad, or in tortillas for an easy and delicious weeknight dinner.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn see note
- 1 can diced green chiles
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup colby jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Mix the garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper and set aside.
Combine the corn, black beans, green chiles, red bell pepper, and chopped cilantro and mix well.
In a large casserole dish, lay the chicken breast flat in the baking dish. Sprinkle with seasonings, then spread the corn mixture evenly over it. Add cheese to top it off.
Bake uncovered at 375˚F for 40-50 minutes or until the chicken has an internal temperature of 160˚F. If the cheese starts to get too brown for your liking, loosely cover with foil for the remainder of the cook time.
Serve warm and enjoy!
Nutrition facts provided based on my best estimation for the recipe and may not be accurate depending on what brands you use or modifications you make to the recipe. I recommend using a nutrition calculator with the exact brands and measurements you use for the most accurate calculation.
©2018 The Pinning Mama- Recipe found at: https://www.thepinningmama.com/baked-southwest-chicken/
For more great easy dinner inspiration, sign up for our emails here!
- You can cut the chicken in half, chunks, or use chicken tenderloins in lieu of full chicken breasts to make serving easier. You can also use different cuts of boneless, skinless chicken such as thighs or wings however if the cut of meat is changed, cooking time may be varied.
- Fresh cooked corn, thawed frozen corn, or drained canned corn can be used in this recipe.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to a month.
Serving: 4oz chicken plus 1/2 cup topping | Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 472mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g