Mexican Stuffed Peppers
These Mexican Stuffed Peppers are easy to make and PACKED with flavor! They take minutes to prep can can be made with leftover taco meat, and bake in a casserole dish for an easy weeknight meal. Garnish with your favorite toppings and enjoy a wholesome meal.
Servings: 4 peppers
- 2 cups taco meat prepared (I use this taco meat recipe)
- 2 cups cooked rice see note
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups chicken broth divided 1/4 cup, and 1 3/4 cup
- 4 sweet bell peppers any color
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar or montery jack cheese
- Garnish Optional
- Cilantro chopped
- Sour Cream
Mix together the taco meat, rice, tomato paste, taco seasoning, cilantro, and 1/4 cup chicken broth until well combined.
Cut the tops off of each bell pepper and remove the seeds. Stuff each pepper with about 1 cup of the mixture and set it top up in a baking dish. If the pepper doesn't want to stand slice of a small portion on the bottom so that it can sit flat.
Pour the remaining 1 3/4 cup chicken broth into the bottom of the baking dish around the peppers and cover the dish with foil. Bake at 350˚F for 40 minutes or until the peppers are fork tender. Remove the foil, add cheese top top each pepper and return to the oven for 5 additional minutes uncovered.
Garnish with sour cream, guacamole, salsa, or cilantro as desired. Enjoy!
This recipe is naturally gluten free, however check each ingredient that you use for compliance. Some chicken broths do include gluten.
For a dairy free version leave off the cheese at the end and omit sour cream from garnish.
Nutrition facts provided based on my best estimation for the recipe and may not be accurate depending on what brands you use or modifications you make to the recipe. I recommend using a nutrition calculator with the exact brands and measurements you use for the most accurate calculation.
©2018 Easy Family Recipes- Recipe found at: https://www.easyfamilyrecipes.com/mexican-stuffed-peppers/
For more great easy dinner inspiration, sign up for our emails here!
- You can use any taco meat you prefer. The taco meat is important because it will really flavor the dish and my favorite is this Taco Meat recipe.
- This Mexican Stuffed Peppers recipe is perfect for leftovers and can be scaled up or down to how many peppers you want to make.
- I prefer using jasmine rice in this recipe. You can use any precooked rice you like including brown rice or other long grain rices as long as they are not already seasoned they will work well.
- You can keep leftovers in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Serving: 1/2 pepper | Calories: 189kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 289mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g