Sugar Cookie Frosting
This is the BEST sugar cookie frosting! It is smooth and creamy with just the right amount of sweetness to make it the perfect compliment for your favorite sugar cookie recipe.If you don't have a sugar cookie recipe, try my favorite soft sugar cookies!
Servings: 32 servings
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 32 oz powdered sugar (1 bag)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2-1 cup heavy cream
Beat the butter with an electric mixer. The add the salt and vanilla and mix until combined.
Gradually alternate adding the powdered sugar and heavy cream until all of the sugar is added and the frosting reaches your desired consistency.
Store in an air tight container until ready to use. Enjoy!
This recipe is naturally gluten free. Please check all packages of products bought to ensure compliance.
Nutrition facts provided based on my best estimation for the recipe and may not be accurate depending on what brands you use or modifications you make to the recipe. I recommend using a nutrition calculator with the exact brands and measurements you use for the most accurate calculation.
©2018 Easy Family Recipes- Recipe found at: https://www.thepinningmama.com/sugar-cookie-frosting/
For more great easy recipe inspiration, sign up for our emails here!
- Frosting can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Let it warm to near room temperature and mix well before spreading on cookies.
- Half and half or milk can be substituted for cream in a pinch.
- If unsalted butter is used, add an extra 1/4 tsp of salt to the frosting.
Serving: 1tbsp | Calories: 149kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 64mg | Potassium: 3mg | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 145IU | Calcium: 3mg