- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 32 oz powdered sugar (1 bag)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2-1 cup heavy cream
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer. The add the salt and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Gradually alternate adding the powdered sugar and heavy cream until all of the sugar is added and the frosting reaches your desired consistency.
- Store in an air tight container until ready to use. Enjoy!
- Frosting can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Let it warm to near room temperature and mix well before spreading on cookies.
- Half and half or milk can be substituted for cream in a pinch.
- If unsalted butter is used, add an extra 1/4 tsp of salt to the frosting.