- 1.5 cups butter softened
- 1 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 oz M&M candies
- Cream the butter and sugars together. Add one egg at a time, mixing in between. Then stir in vanilla to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in thirds mixing between each addition until they are combined.
- Mix the M&M candies in by hand until they are evenly distributed. Scoop heaping rounded tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet, evenly spaced, about 2" apart.
- Bake at 350˚F for 9-11 minutes or until the center of the cookie is just set. Let cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes then transfer to a wire cooking rack.
- Dough should not be sticky or crumbly.
- If the dough is sticky, add in flour 1 tbsp at a time until it it is not sticky.
- If the dough is crumbly, add in water 1 tsp at a time until it holds together and does not crumble.
- Cookies should be either baked or frozen immediately. Cookie dough should not be stored in the refrigerator as the dye from the candy will dissolve and spread.