Honey Mustard Chicken
This Honey Mustard Chicken is loaded with delicious flavors and simple to make all in one dish. With layers of tender chicken, honey mustard, mushrooms, onions, bacon and cheese, you will not believe how something so easy can be so delicious!
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 lbs chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 6 tbsp honey mustard prepared
- 1/2 tsp salt divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper divided
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder divided
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms roughly chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 cup crispy bacon crumbled
- 1 cup colby jack cheese shredded
Lay the chicken breast flat in a large casserole dish. Season with 1/4 tsp of each, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Spread 1-2 tbsp of honey mustard on top of each chicken breast to make a nice thick layer.
Combine the chopped mushrooms, thinly sliced onions, oil, and remaining salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl and stir to coat. Then spread the mixture over the top of the chicken.
Bake uncovered at 375˚F for about 30 minutes. Then remove the dish, crumble the bacon over the top then sprinkle cheese evenly over the dish and return to oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked though (internal temp of 165˚F.)
Garnish with parsley and serve with mashed potatoes, rice, or your favorite side dish. Enjoy!
This recipe is naturally gluten free. Please check all packages of products bought to ensure compliance.
Nutrition facts provided based on my best estimation for the recipe and may not be accurate depending on what brands you use or modifications you make to the recipe. I recommend using a nutrition calculator with the exact brands and measurements you use for the most accurate calculation.
©2018 The Pinning Mama- Recipe found at: https://www.thepinningmama.com/Honey-Mustard-Chicken/
For more great easy dinner inspiration, sign up for our emails here!
- You can cut the chicken in half, chunks, or use chicken tenderloins in lieu of full chicken breasts to make serving easier. Cooking time may be reduced.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to a month.
Serving: 4oz chicken breast with 1/4 cup topping | Calories: 271kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 648mg | Potassium: 592mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 240IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 0.7mg