Low Carb Keto Jalapeno Popper Chicken
Jalapeño Popper Chicken is all of the flavors you love in jalapeño poppers minus the calories from being fried.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 lbs chicken breast boneless, skinless (about 3-4 chicken breasts)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz cream cheese softned
- 1/2 lb jalapeno peppers fresh, about 5-6 peppers
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 cup crispy bacon crumbled
Preheat the oven to 375˚F
Lay chicken breasts flat in a casserole dish. Season them with the garlic powder then spread the cream cheese over them evenly.
Wash the jalapeño peppers and then cut the tops off. Remove the seeds and stems if you want it milder, or leave some if you want more spice, then cut the peppers into strips and lay them on top of the cream cheese then sprinkle the cheddar cheese over top.
Bake for 40-45 minutes, remove from oven 5 minutes before cooking is complete and sprinkle with bacon then return for the remaining cook time. Chicken is done when cooked through to an internal temperature of 165˚F.
Serve warm with a side of potatoes, veggies, or a baked potato. Enjoy!
- You can cut the chicken in half, chunks, or use chicken tenderloins in lieu of full chicken breasts to make serving easier. Cooking time may be reduced.
This recipe is naturally gluten free, low carb, and friendly for low carb and keto diets.
For more great easy dinner inspiration,sign up for our emails here!
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to a month.
Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 129mg | Sodium: 525mg | Potassium: 559mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 820IU | Vitamin C: 14.1mg | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 0.9mg