Baked Pesto Zucchini Chicken
Baked Pesto Zucchini Chicken is a perfect summer meal. This recipe is full of fresh zucchini, yellow squash, pesto and topped bubbly cheese.
Servings: 4 servings
- 3-4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion
- 1/2 cup pesto prepared
- 4 oz parmesan cheese
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese
Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
Chop the zucchini, squash, and onion and combine.
In a large casserole dish, lay the chicken in a flat single layer and season it with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Next layer the veggies on and then dollop the pesto over the veggies, then top with the cheeses.
Bake on the middle rack for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, 165˚F internal temp. If it starts to brown more than desired, loosely cover with foil until it is done cooking.
Serve hot and enjoy!
This recipe is naturally
- You can cut the chicken in half, chunks, or use chicken tenderloins in lieu of full chicken breasts to make serving easier. Cooking time may be reduced.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to a month.
For more great easy dinner inspiration,sign up for our emails here!
- Gluten free (verify on individual brands used)
- Low carb
- Friendly for low carb and keto diets
Serving: 6g | Calories: 553kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 56g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 153mg | Sodium: 1275mg | Potassium: 1030mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1285IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 569mg | Iron: 2mg