There is no other way to put it than, this is NOT your average internship! In today’s world the internet is king and companies are scrambling to catch up and learn how to curate organic content and leverage social media to drive sales and marketing campaigns. Students that have this skill set WILL be set apart when interviewing for sales and marketing positions at corporations large and small.
The Pinning Mama is a lifestyle blog that publishes easy family friendly recipes, craft and home decor projects, DIY ideas and more. The site receives almost 1 million pageviews a month and reaches hundreds of thousands of people each day though the blog and social media. Projects from the The Pinning Mama have been featured on sites ranging from Good Housekeeping and Better Homes and Gardens to Buzzfeed. Brands such as Martha Stewart Living, The Home Depot, Pottery Barn Kids, Target, M&M Mars, Pillsbury, and many others have worked with The Pinning Mama to curate original content that creates brand awareness, meets marketing metrics, and ultimately drives sales.
As a graduate of the Industrial Distribution program at Texas A&M and a former employee of corporate America, I am excited to offer a unique internship opportunity to Industrial Distribution Students at TAMU. Though the internship is unpaid, and there are no full time positions available, my goal is to mentor interns to gain valuable skills in online marketing that will not only differentiate you on paper and in the interview process, but also give you a leg up as you begin a career in sales and marketing.
This internship will center around learning, understanding and performing these skills:
- Organic Content Creation with a focus on connecting with a target audience
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- How creating organic content can help any business
- Establishing authority online
- Internet Marketing
- Hands on social media experience
- Growing Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram accounts organically to drive traffic and sales.
- Creating Social Media promotions to drive specific metrics
- Creating and cultivating an e-mail list and how this is your most valuable tool in online marketing
- Possible participation in product launches
- Understanding entrepreneurial challenges and overcoming them
- How thinking creatively is your biggest asset!
My goal is for my interns to be able to add some or all of this unique skill set to their resume and be able to communicate to a potential employer the value they bring by the end of our work together.
I am looking for students for a 4 month commitment averaging 10-12 hours per week. Assignments will be given and students will have the flexibility to work on them at their leisure to meet the deadlines.
Because my business is 100% online, it gives me the unique ability to work with students remotely so that you can be enrolled and continue to take classes and fulfill your work for the internship online at the flexibility of your schedule. This is the a perfect opportunity for a student that wants to add a little extra to their resume but can’t take time off of school to work full or part time hours on location.
I am looking for someone who:
- Self motivated and can work autonomously.
- Has a consistently positive attitude.
- Thinks creatively.
- Can complete tasks and projects on a timeline.
- Basic computer, excel and word processing skills a must.
- Familiar with
- Ready and eager to learn.
Intern is required to have internet access, a smart phone, and a computer and that has:
- Access to social media including:
- The ability to download and/or run
- Google Apps (docs, sheets, etc)
If this sounds like something you are excited to learn and you can commit to the work load as detailed above, please fill out this online interview and send your resume to email@example.com with INTERN APPLICATION in the subject line.
I look forward to hearing from you!