Today I’m sharing with you some of my Falloween decor. Heh, Falloween! These are my transitional decorations that can be used for Halloween and the entire season of Fall, I THINK! I originally saw some adorable little pumpkin topiaries at Home Goods. If I could go on a shopping spree, I would definitely want to spend a large chunk here! Anyway, the pumpkin decorations were about $20 a piece and for the size, I just couldn’t do it. Then it dawned on me – I had pumpkins from the Dollar Tree and could just run back and grab some glass candle stick holders to make basically the same thing, but for much less!
Pumpkin Topiary Supplies
- 2 candle stick holders (mine are Dollar Tree)
- Gold or orange glitter
- Black spray paint
- Mini pumpkins (mine are also Dollar Tree)
- Glue or mod podge
- 2 emptied and cleaned candle holders (optional)
- Make sure your candle sticks are nice and clean. Then spray with black spray paint. This is also when you’d spray your emptied out candle container. A tip for cleaning – freeze your candle container for about an hour. When you take it out, the leftover wax should have shrank enough and loosened from the sides that it will just fall right out! Then wash. I decided to not stack my candle on top of the sticks. If you want to do this, just attach with hot glue.
- Next you’ll cover your pumpkins in mod podge or glue. Then dump your glitter onto the pumpkin and let it dry. I like to sit my soon-to-be-glittered items on a piece of paper so that I can dump the access glitter back into the container. Once the pumpkins have dried, hot glue them onto the candlesticks.
- And here’s a close up!
***Don’t Forget to Pin This and Share the Love!***
Looking for more Halloween inspiration? Check out the ideas below! Even our BOO sign is included….