When summer comes and your kids are bored, keep them busy and having fun with this stellar list! These are guaranteed outdoor boredom busting activities for kids!
1. DIY Yard Yahtzee – This is a fun activity twice over. Full instructions on how to let the kids help you make the yahtzee and then send them outside to play it! On top of everything else it is great for young kids to learn numbers, basic math and counting skills! The older ones just think it is plain fun!
2. Dinosaur Inflatable Play Center – When it is hot playing in the water is one of the best ways to cure boredom! This inflatable play center is cute and will keep the kids cool while they play. My kids can spend hours in this thing!
3. DIY Sprinkler Limbo – This game is quick and easy to make and all the kids in the neighborhood will be booking it to your backyard to play! All you need is some PVC pipe, a water hose, and then you can pump up the music and get your limbo on!
4. Lil Monkey Playground – I know I am not the only one who has kids that climb literally everything! Give them something that is ok for them to actually climb on! This is a great alternative when you don’t have the space for a big play set in the back yard. We move a lot so we aren’t able to take a big one but a small one like this is just what we need to keep the kids entertained and having fun outside!
5. Mud Kitchen Food – This takes mud pies to a whole new level! I know my kiddos would love adding these food rocks to their mud play and they are so easy to make!
6. Kite – Take advantage of a windy day with a fun kite. I know my kids are obsessed with planes so this kite is right up their alley! It is the perfect reason to escape to the park. Combine it with some sprinklers and you have a wet and wild day!
7. Rainbow Hopscotch – This project is so easy to make and the kids will love having a permanent colorful hopscotch in the yard! They could definitely help make it!
8. Mini Frisbee Golf – The kids can make their own hazards around the yard with this cute mini frisbee golf set! It will keep them entertained for hours! This is such a fun idea to get the whole family involved because you never grow out of frisbee golf!
9. DIY Color Block Sand Box – I have always thought sandboxes were so daunting because I definitely do not have any sort of woodworking skills. But I can totally build a shelf, so I love this DIY project from The Homes I Have Made!
10. Kid’s Telescope – My kids love to use the telescope to look at the moon and the stars! This is a fun activity when the sun goes down for those long, lazy, and warm summer nights.
11. DIY No Sew Teepee – What kid wouldn’t love to sit outside and read or play in this fun DIY tent! And it will give you peace of mind knowing they are out of the sun! And my kids are obsessed with forts of any type. Send them out with a “survival snack” and you not only keep them entertained but keep the messy eaters crumbs outside!
12. Garden Tool Set – What could be better than helping your kids learn to grow their own food. This is a great activity for the kiddos to learn some responsibility and also maybe they will eat healthier if they grow their own veggies! Even if it is a just pretend garden they will have hours of fun with these tools!
What do you and your kids do to beat summertime boredom? Share your favorite activities with me in the comments!
Leave a Comment