10+ Things you MUST pack in your beach bag. Are you never quite totally prepared for the beach? Here are the things that you must pack to have a fantastic and fun day at the beach.
Before we get too far…if you are crafty and want to make your own beach tote, check out this great Beach Tote tutorial especially for beginners, from my friend Alicia over on Sew What Alicia. Then go and grab all these must pack items for your new beach bag!!
1. A Kindle Fire is perfect for the beach bag! It is so much smaller than a book so perfect for laying back on your beach towel and knocking a book off of your reading list. It can it can even come in handy when the kids have had a little too much sun and need to take a break in the shade to keep them entertained with books or even a game.
2. This handy beach blanket is a great size to throw in your bag and then it folds out into a nice big size so everyone has somewhere off the sand to sit! I have one of these and it is one of my absolute favorite finds. It is so great to have something that shakes off easily and you can fold perfectly to be compact. Combine that with the built in straps, because every time we head to the beach or pool my hands are always overflowing with kids and gear, and the extra pockets to stick a water, sunglasses or a book in and this may seem simple but it will be your favorite too!!
3. So let’s say you decide that you want to listen to some tunes while lounging on the beach. Drown out all the crazy beach goers with these bluetooth headphones or share the music with everyone with an inexpensive waterproof bluetooth speaker!
4. You are definitely going to be bringing your phone, because we can’t ever detach ourselves from those am I right? Make sure you throw it in a waterproof case to make sure that sand and water don’t muck up the electronics! We got these when we went on our anniversary trip to Mexico last year and it was such a lifesaver! No worrying about your phone falling into the pool or accidentally getting splashed since these are 100% waterproof, and the best part is that you can still operate the screen through the case!
5. You know when you go to the beach and you put your chair out and throw your towel over and then when you walk away the wind blows it away…yeah that won’t happen with these beach towel clips! So simple, yet such a lifesaver!
6. One of the things that is the worst about going to the beach is that there is nowhere to set anything where it can stay sand free! This handy little personal table is perfect for taking to the beach and keeping your drink or lunch sand free! I love that it is simple, compact, and won’t hold any extra sand when you throw it back in the car.
7. Did you know that they make a Sand Off Mitt?? Now you do, and you totally need one! I hate sandy feet in the car which always seemed inevitable until we found this!
8. You want to capture photos during your beach day but you definitely don’t want to take your nice camera and risk ruining it with water! Grab one of these cute waterproof cameras that will get great beach images without the risk of water damage!! It is totally worth it if you have kids! Keep capturing memories without being scared of ruining your everyday electronics!
9. These spiker beach cup holders are another great place to put your drinks and things that you want to keep out of the sand. It is also the perfect size for a phone or camera!!
10. This beach tent fits into a tiny little carry case that won’t take up much room in your beach bag. This is definitely a great alternative to a huge and bulky umbrella! These are especially a must when you have kids! We even used these in the grass at the pool and waterpark too!
11. If you do carry an umbrella to the beach then grab one of these umbrella hooks to use the umbrella to add some extra storage to your beach day! It is a perfect way to keep your things from getting lost in the sand!
What are your MUST pack items for the beach bag?? Share with me in the comments below.