Let’s face it Potato Salad gets kind of a bad rap. It is something I imagine a cafeteria lady scooping out of a giant white tub and splatting on to my tray. I love potatoes though, so when I started thinking about this I decided I had to give potato salad a make over so it could be just as yummy as it was meant to be. Bacon Parmesan Ranch Potato Salad is not your average side dish and is the perfect side dish to bring to a pot luck, barbecue, party, or just for a weeknight dinner.
This potato salad is loaded with yummy flavors and fresh ingredients. It has the perfect texture in the contrast between the soft potato, the crunchy celery, and the creamy dressing! And then there is the bacon of course!
Besides with ranch in the title, really, where can you go wrong?! It totally makes it kid friendly and husband pleasing. Once you take a bite you will know it will pass the test for your foodie friends too!
When I made this potato salad I used fingerling potatoes. The were tasty, but quite colorful so feel free to use a nice red or yellow potato instead.
Chop the potatoes and boil them for around 10-15 minutes or until they are just tender. A fork should be able to pierce them easily, but not destroy the potato in the process.
Drain your potatoes and add them to a large bowl.
In a separate bowl combine the mayo, milk, hidden valley ranch powder and mix until well combined.
Add the mayo mixture to the potatoes and gently toss until the potatoes are well covered.
Mix in the celery, bacon and parmesan until evenly distributed.
How about this to take to your next picnic? I promise you that no one will be disappointed in the “boring” potato salad you brought! Get ready to hand out the recipe!
- 2.5 lbs Fingerling, or small red potatoes
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- ¾ Cup Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Hidden Valley Ranch Powder
- 1 Cup Finely Chopped Celery
- 1 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ½ Cup Crumbled Bacon (Optional)
- ½ Cup Chopped Green Onions (optional)
- Chop potatoes into bite sized cubes and boil for 10-15 minutes or until they are tender and can be pierced with a fork.
- Drain and rinse potatoes and pace in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix mayo, milk and ranch powder until well combined.
- Mix dressing mixture with potatoes until evenly distributed.
- Combine celery, cheese, bacon and onions with the potato mixture and toss to coat.
See all of our yummy recipes here, or try these recipes featured below!