All the delicious flavors of a Bacon Lettuce and Tomato sandwich in this quick and easy, wholesome baked chicken dinner. With only 5 ingredients, and just minutes of prep it is the perfect simple weeknight dinner.
Do you remember certain things you used to eat as a kid as if it was yesterday? The BLT sandwich was a staple of my childhood. It is just one of those classic flavor combinations that never goes out of style. Since these days though I am much more into family friendly chicken dinners I thought we could just give the old classic recipe a new twist.
What I love about chicken bakes are that they are quick, easy, only take a few ingredients that are usually on hand, and then (seemingly) magically a hot, fresh, delicious dinner that everyone, including my kids just devour. And if my kids clean their plate, you can bet I am going to make it again. And again…. And again.
So when I first made this Bacon Ranch Chicken Bake I found out that something magic happens when you put all of this together in the oven, and that is just how this BLT Chicken Bake starts! Add crisp lettuce and thick, juicy red tomatoes and you have a winning dinner, quick and easy.
Bacon Lettuce Tomato Chicken Bake Recipe
If I didn’t convince you above, this is seriously easy to make! First up gather your five ingredients:
- Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- Ranch dressing, I used Hidden Valley Ranch or if you want to make this Whole30 or Paleo, use this Whole30 Ranch Mix
- Some nice crisp romaine lettuce – you can use other lettuce but you want something hearty that’s crunch will hold up well on the chicken
- Roma tomatoes- You can also, use other tomatoes, I use roma tomatoes because the size works perfectly on this dish
To start grab a casserole dish and spray it with cooking spray. Then lay the chicken breasts down flat in the dish. If the chicken breasts are especially big, you can butterfly them so they will cook faster.
Next drizzle ranch dressing over the chicken breasts, then cut the pieces of bacon in half and lay them over the top of the chicken. Try not to let them overlap so they will cook more evenly.
Then place the dish in an oven preheated to 400F on the middle rack and bake uncovered for 25-35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
The bacon will get crisp around the edges but is not completely crispy cooking like this, however, the flavor the dish gets from the bacon cooking on top of the chicken is really pretty wonderful. If you onnnnnllly like bacon if it is super crispy, then you can cook the bacon separately like this, then add it on after you remove the chicken from the oven.
So once you take it out of the oven it will be piping off. It is best to let it cool for 5-10 minutes and while it cools, chop the romaine into bite sized pieces and slice the tomatoes into 1/2″ slices. Right before you are ready to serve layer on the lettuce and then the tomato on top.
Serve it up anyway you like it! I served it on a piece of whole wheat toast, but you could serve it on rice, a nice big bed of lettuce with some extra ranch, a bed of sauteed spinach, or even mashed potatoes! I mean really?! Doesn’t this just look drool-worthy?
If you try out my recipes I would love to hear about it in the comments or tag me in a pic on Instagram @easyfamilyrecipes.
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
BLT Chicken Bake
- 3-4 Chicken Breasts boneless skinless
- 3-4 Slices of Bacon
- 3-4 Tbsp Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
- 1 Romaine Heart washed and dried
- 2 Roma Tomatoes
- Place the chicken breasts flat in a baking dish. If they are extra thick, you may want to butterfly them to cut down the baking time.
- Drizzle or spread about 1 Tbsp of ranch on each chicken breast. Cut each bacon slice in half and place 2 halves on each chicken breast.
- Bake at 400F on the middle rack for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Chop the romaine into bite sized pieces and slice the tomato.
- Top the chicken with romaine then tomato and serve immediately.
- Serving suggestions: Over toast, over spinach (heat will wilt it,) over rice, potatoes or your favorite greens.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)