One of our favorite quick and easy meals is French Bread Pizzas. It is one of the EASIEST meals to make for those busy weeknights. Buffalo Chicken French Bread Pizza is the most addicting blend of spicy, creamy, and cheesy. Every time I make this pizza my kids and husband eat it just about as fast as I can put it on the table.
Easy and Delicious Buffalo Chicken French Bread Pizza
This is one of those recipes that I always have everything I need on hand except the bread. I just run by the grocery store on my way to pick up the kids and dinner is almost done. This recipe derives from my Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken. When I make the buffalo chicken I portion out the chicken and keep it in the freezer for future meals. Keeping portions of chicken in the freezer has really changed my dinner routines during the week.
You can make this recipe with leftovers from the Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken, or just use any shredded or rotisserie chicken, as directed in the recipe.
It is easy for me to buy the family pack of chicken breasts on my weekly trip to the store. Then I cook the entire pack by plopping them on a cookie sheet and baking for 25-35 minutes. When they come out, I let them cool, then use this absolutely genius little trick to shred all of that chicken in about 1 minute. I throw meal sized portions in freezer bags and toss it in the freezer to use over the next week or two.
For more easy chicken recipes, make sure to check out my shredded chicken ideas here and my easy baked chicken ideas here!
What to serve with Buffalo Ranch French Bread Pizza
This recipe comes together super quick and easy, and can be a meal by itself. Here are a few of our favorite sides:
- Ranch Smashed Potatoes
- Side Salad
- Broccoli Slaw
- Antipasto Salad
- Roasted Vegetables
- Fruit Salad
Let me know in the comments if you have any serving ideas that you love that I missed. I would love to give it a try next time I make it.
Tips and Tricks for Buffalo Ranch French Bread Pizza
If you feel you are an inexperienced cook, trust me when I say, this recipe is so easy you will look like a gourmet cook when you serve it to your family.
- Slice the French bread load horizontally and spread a thin layer of ranch over the bread.
- Mix the ranch chicken with buffalo sauce. Place the ranch chicken on top of the bread.
- Sprinkle the top with cheese, and bake.
- Once the bread is nice, hot and toasted, take the loafs out of the oven and drizzle with ranch dressing. Enjoy!
FAQ’s for Buffalo Ranch French Bread Pizza
What kind of ranch should I use?
We like to use Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing when I don’t have my homemade dressing on hand. My favorite dressing is my Homemade Ranch Dressing.
Can I make this recipe on a pizza crust?
Yes!! You absolutely can and it is just as delicious but the baking time will be longer.
How do I store this pizza?
You can store this pizza in an airtight container or ziplock bag in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. To re-heat the pizza you can place it in the oven for a few minutes at 425 degrees.
Is this Buffalo Chicken Pizza Spicy?
Yes or No! Buffalo sauce does have a little kick to it, so if you are extra sensitive to spice, you may not like this recipe. However, it is not overly spicy, and you can use more or less buffalo sauce to bring the level of spice up or down. My kids have all eaten this from a young age and enjoyed it!
I really hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as we do in our house! My kids love this recipe because it takes ordinary pizza night to fun pizza night. This is a fun idea to mix up pizza night in your house. You can change it up and use some of your favorite toppings, just cook the French bread the same way.
If you do get a chance to try it, I would love it if you let me know! You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipesso that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Oh and before you go!… If you need a regular rotation of recipe inspiration like me, make sure to sign up to get our emails! I send out my new favorites, the recipes my family has been devouring, and some of the best tried and true recipes. It is easy and free of course! You can click here to sign up or on the button below.
More Easy Pizza Ideas
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Buffalo Chicken French Bread Pizza
- 1 loaf french bread
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing plus extra for garnish
- 2 cups shredded chicken (or rotisserie)
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce plus extra for garnish
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 oz blue cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- Cut the loaf of french bread in half. Spread the ranch dressing evenly over each half of the bread.
- Mix the shredded chicken with the buffalo sauce. You can use more or less buffalo sauce to taste. Place the chicken across the french bread on top of the ranch dressing layer.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese to cover the chicken , then place the blue cheese crumbles over the top.
- Bake at 400˚F for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted, the edges start to brown, and everything is heated through.
- Garnish with a drizzle of ranch, buffalo sauce, and chopped green onions. Enjoy!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Leave a Comment