Strawberries are in season and couldn’t be more delicious … unless they are paired with chocolate, of course! This Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Parfait is a decadent treat that puts those sweet berries to perfect use.
Hi, it’s Ginnie from Hello Little Home, and I’m excited to be back with a delicious summer recipe!
I love strawberries year round, but there’s nothing quite like the perfect summer berry! My mom took my sister and I strawberry picking every summer. I relished sitting in the sun, getting my hands dirty, and trying to find the sweetest berries. I’m pretty sure that I ate more than I took home!
Now that I’m living in New York, I don’t have a local berry patch to visit. That hasn’t stopped me from trying to find the best strawberries though!
Strawberries are delicious on their own, of course, but I also like pairing them with chocolate for a sinful dessert. This Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Parfait is a favorite summer treat.
For this dessert, I’ve layered the berries with rich chocolate mousse and crumbled chocolate cookies. It’s so good, and I guarantee you won’t be able to stop at one bite!
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Parfait
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 1 lb. strawberries
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 12 chocolate-filled Oreos or similar cookie
- 8 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. powdered sugar divided
- 1 1/3 cup heavy cream divided
- Chop chocolate in pieces, then melt in a microwave. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Set aside 4 strawberries, then remove stems and slice the remaining berries.
- Place strawberries in a small bowl and combine with 1 tsp. sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- Chop Oreos into small pieces. Set aside.
- Place cream cheese and 1/4 cup powdered sugar in a stand mixer bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate to cream cheese and mix until well incorporated.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add 1 cup heavy cream.
- Keep mixing until cream is fully incorporated, then increase speed and blend until mixture is light, creamy, and holds a soft peak. Set aside.
- Whisk together remaining 1/3 cup heavy cream and 1 tbsp. powdered sugar in a small bowl until it can hold a soft peak. Set aside.
- To assemble parfaits, place a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of each glass.
- Top cream cheese with a spoonful of cookies, then a layer of strawberries.
- Repeat these layers one more time, then add another layer of the cream cheese mixture.
- Add a spoonful of whipped cream to each parfait, then garnish with the reserved strawberries.
- Enjoy parfaits immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
These parfaits are perfectly rich and creamy. Don’t you just want to take a bite?
Each parfait is generously sized. If you are serving a crowd, try serving the parfaits in smaller glasses to get more servings out of the recipe. Champagne coupes would be super pretty!
If you like these decadent Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Parfaits, then I know you’ll love these treats, too!
Hi, I’m Ginnie, and I blog over at Hello Little Home! I’m a married New Yorker with a creative streak, and I love to write about some of my favorite things: food, DIY, fashion, interior design, travel, and more.