Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad puts a fun twist on your “normal” chicken salad. This recipe is loaded with tender chicken, cilantro, a touch of lime, red pepper, celery and finished off with a creamy dressing. This chicken salad is perfect in a lettuce leaf, by itself, in a sandwich, or fill an avocado with it.
Delicious Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad
I really really love chicken salad. It is one of my go-to lunches or a quick snack. I always like to have some on hand to eat throughout the week.
One of my favorite things to do is change up my chicken salad flavors. That is how I came up with this recipe. I love cilantro and I wanted to re-create chicken salad with my favorite flavor combinations.
This recipe is healthy and refreshing between the lime and the cilantro. I keep most of these ingredients on hand all of the time. You will not be disappointed when you make this Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad.
This salad is Whole30 compliant and will be a perfect lunch or dinner for you. Make sure you use Whole30 mayonnaise when making this recipe. This recipe is also naturally gluten free and low carb so it’s a win all the way around.
How to serve Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad
I enjoy this salad on its own but I also like to add things to make it a filling and wholesome lunch or dinner. Here are a few of my favorite ways of serving this recipe….not all are Whole30 compliant so you can change it to fit your dietary needs.
- With crackers
- On a sandwich (I love to eat it with seeded bread, croissant, or crusty bread)
- In a wrap with a tortilla
- With chips
- Stuffed in an avocado, bell pepper or tomato
- On top of a green salad
- On cucumber slices
- In a lettuce wrap ( I love butter lettuce, romaine, and green leaf)
Tips and Tricks for making Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad- Whole30 Compliant
The BEST part about this recipe is that it is really super simple! You can find the FULL RECIPE card below, but here I am going to walk through a few tips, tricks and frequently asked questions so that you can get the most out of this recipe!
- Combine the mayonnaise with garlic, salt, pepper and lime juice.
- If you are wanting to cut calories or fat you can use plain greek yogurt in place of mayonnaise. It will change the texture and creaminess but I do this most of the time.
- In a large bowl, stir together chicken, celery, onion, bell pepper, cilantro and mayo mixture until every thing is coated.
- I like to make sure my veggies are cut up small, for ease of eating and all the flavors mix well.
- Chill for 1 hour. Serve chilled and Enjoy!!
FAQ’s for Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad
Can I use half greek yogurt and half mayonnaise?
Yes! This will extra an extra level of richness to your salad.
Is this recipe gluten free?
Yes! This recipe is naturally gluten free but make sure you check your labels before buying your spices.
How do I store leftovers for Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad?
This Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad will keep in the refrigerator in an air tight container for 3-4 days and works well for meal prep. If you are making this for a brunch or potluck, I recommend making it the night before. This will give the flavors some time to marinate into the chicken.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. I like to have this in my fridge for quick lunches during the week.
If you do get a chance to try it, I would love it if you let me know! You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipesso that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Oh and before you go!…If you need a regular rotation of recipe inspiration like me, make sure to sign up to get our emails! I send out my new favorites, the recipes my family has been devouring, and some of the best tried and true recipes. It is easy and free of course! You can click here to sign up.
More Chicken Salad Recipes
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad
- 3 cups chicken breast shredded or chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup celery finely chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- Combine the mayonnaise, with the garlic, salt, pepper, and lime juice and mix.
- In a large bowl, stir the chicken, celery, onion, bell pepper, and cilantro with the mayo mixture until everything is coated.
- Chill for 1 hour for flavors to meld.
- Serve chilled. Enjoy!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Leave a Comment