This Lemony Chickpea Salad is the perfect side dish or light meal!
Hi, Ginnie from Hello Little Home here! I’m excited to be back and sharing a delicious recipe for Lemony Chickpea Salad.
My husband and I are moving soon, so we’ve been trying to do as many New York things as possible before time runs out! Last weekend, he surprised me with dinner at my favorite Italian restaurant, Enoteca Maria. This charming restaurant is located on Staten Island, and we stumbled upon it completely by accident. Nevertheless, it’s become a fave, and we’ve celebrated three out of my last four birthdays there.
The selection at Enoteca Maria constantly changes, but one thing that’s always on the menu is their delicious chickpea salad. This salad is simple, yet amazing. It’s light, fresh, and features a tangy lemon vinaigrette. Yum!
After devouring this salad last weekend, I realized that I needed to recreate it when I got home.
You are going to love this Lemony Chickpea Salad recipe! It takes minutes to make, yet the flavors are bright and delicious.
It’s also versatile. Serve this salad as a wonderful side dish or light meal, over lettuce, or even mixed with cooked noodles for an easy pasta salad. You could also mix in your favorite protein or cheese (goat or feta would be great). Any way you serve it, you’ll be sure to come back for seconds!
Lemony Chickpea Salad
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (15.5-oz.) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- Mix together lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil until emulsified.
- Combine chickpeas, tomatoes, onion, and parsley in a medium bowl.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad and mix well.
- Taste and add additional salt to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Did you like this Lemony Chickpea Salad recipe? Then, you’ll love these other salads, too!
Hi, I’m Ginnie, and I blog over at Hello Little Home! I’m a married New Yorker with a creative streak, and I love to write about some of my favorite things: food, DIY, fashion, interior design, travel, and more.