Low Carb Chicken with spinach and feta is one of the most delicious meals to make with spinach. The best thing about this dish is it’s super easy to make and is baked all in one dish. This dish has juicy chicken smothered with creamy spinach mixed with cheese and garlic…. what could get any better than that?! Each bite is filled with creamy spinach, chicken, and LOADS of flavor! You might even get your vegetable hating kids to love this dish as well. This dish is naturally gluten free, and of course low carb.
Chicken with Spinach and Feta Recipe
I love the flavor of feta, and mixed with spinach it is just pure perfection. I always get inspiration form recipes I have eaten over the years. This one originates from a cold spinach and feta dip sold at a specialty market that I tried while away with friends. You can find my recipe for the Cold Spinach Feta Dip here (also low carb!) Today though, I am recreating the recipe for you as something you can make for a hearty dinner!
What to serve with Feta Spinach Chicken
This amazing recipe is packed with creamy goodness! This chicken makes a perfect low carb meal because it’s loaded with flavor and you won’t even miss the rice or potatoes.
Low Carb Side Ideas
- Cauliflower Rice
- Zoodles- You can make noodles with zucchini, carrots, or butternut squash
- Roasted Veggies- I like to roast all sorts of veggies, but my favorite lately has been Parmesan Ranch Roasted Cauliflower
- Side salad- I try to have a side salad with almost every dinner. It is a great way to get in some extra fiber and veggies and this homemade Italian dressing or homemade ranch dressing are both over the top delicious, and low carb options to serve it with.
- Mashed Cauliflower
If I missed a favorite low carb side you like to serve this with, make sure to leave me a comment so that I can give it a try!
How to Make Chicken with Spinach and Feta
This recipe only calls for a few ingredients that you most likely have on hand. The clean up is super quick and you will be baking this dish in no time. There is also a full printable recipe card at the bottom of this post for your convenience.
How many does the Low Carb Spinach and Feta Chicken serve?
This recipe is calculated for around 4 oz which is usually about, 1/2 of a full size chicken breast, so that would make a total of 8 servings. You can cut the chicken breast into halves if you want to help better portion it out for serving.
Can I use chicken thighs, tenderloins or other cuts of meat in this recipe?
Yes! Both chicken thighs or tenderloins will work well. Depending on the cut and size of the meat you use, you will need to adjust the cooking time. Chicken should be cooked to 165˚F to be safe to eat.
Is this recipe gluten free?
A: Yes!! This dish is naturally gluten free, please double check the ingredients that you purchase to make sure that they don’t have any sneaky gluten.
Is this dish Keto friendly?
A: Yes, this dish is loaded with cheese and protein, and has a very low carb count which works well for keto, Atkins, macro counting, and other low carb diets.
What to do with Chicken with Spinach and Feta Leftovers
Whenever I have leftover of this dish I try and incorporate it into a whole new dish to help use up the leftovers, and spend less time in the kitchen throughout the week. Here are a few of my favorite low carb dishes to make:
- Spinach Feta Chicken Pizza with Cauliflower Crust– Find your favorite cauliflower crust, use pesto or regular pizza sauce, top with chopped chicken, bell pepper, purple onion, more feta and mozzarella.
- Spinach Feta Chicken Pepper Bites– Cut sweet bell peppers into 2 inch pieces, chop up the leftover Spinach and Feta Chicken. Lay the peppers on a baking sheet and top them with the chicken and some additional mozzarella cheese. Bake until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Spinach Feta Chicken “Pasta”– Toss cooked Zoodles or Spaghetti Squash in olive oil, garlic, salt, and crushed red pepper. Heat up your chicken and slice on top.
How to store Chicken with Spinach and Feta
You can store you leftovers in an air tight container for up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator. I also like to portion my out in containers if I am meal prepping for the week.
How to freeze Chicken with Spinach and Feta
You can freeze this dish up to one month in an air tight container. You could freeze the whole thing after baking it. Let it cool, then transfer to an air tight container.
I hope that your family enjoys this recipe as much as we do!
If you do get a chance to try it, I would love it if you let me know! You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipesso that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Oh and before you go!… If you need a regular rotation of recipe inspiration like me, make sure to sign up to get our emails! I send out my new favorites, the recipes my family has been devouring, and some of the best tried and true recipes. It is easy and free of course! You can click here to sign up or on the button below.
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Low Carb Chicken with Spinach and Feta
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 8 oz frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- Garnish optional
- Grape tomatoes halved
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- Thaw the spinach and wring as much of the water from it as possible.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese with the garlic powder, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper and mix until combined. Stir in the milk and then the feta cheese and spinach, mixing until combined.
- Place the chicken breasts flat in a single layer in the bottom of a large casserole dish. Spread the chicken with the spinach mixture and then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake for approx 40-50 minutes on the middle rack of the oven until the chicken is cooked through (165˚F internal temp)
- Garnish with grape tomatoes and serve hot! Enjoy!
- You can cut the chicken in half, chunks, or use chicken tenderloins in lieu of full chicken breasts to make serving easier. Cooking time may be reduced.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to a month.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)