This delicious Sautéed Spinach with Garlic is one of our most requested sides at our house. It is a fast, easy and a healthy side dish. It is a quick option to serve with any meal and only takes a total of 5 minutes to cook, and the flavors in this dish pair well with any meal. I like to see this dish as a side or put my main dish right on top of a bed of spinach like with this Baked Garlic Chicken Parmesan. Whether you are looking to round out your meal with a healthy side or need something to accommodate a gluten free, low carb, or low calorie dinner, this Sautéed Spinach fits the bill!
Sautéed Spinach with Garlic Recipe
I love spinach so much that I basically have it everyday for dinner. I will eat it with or under pretty much any dish I make. I love this dish because it is so QUICK, EASY, DELICIOUS, & HEALTHY, and once you realize it, you may have a new favorite dish as well.
What to Serve with Garlic Spinach
As I mentioned before this dish goes with pretty much everything. I love the added flavor and healthy twist that this dish gives to any meal.
The dishes that I serve this most with is most of my baked chicken dishes. I really like to make one dish meals that are easy and quick. You can checked out my baked chicken recipes here.
Here are some of my favorite meals to pair Garlic Spinach with:
- Baked Tuscan Garlic Chicken
- Baked Green Chile Chicken
- Pesto Baked Chicken
- Jalapeño Popper Baked Chicken
- Easy Baked Chicken Marsala
- Mediterranean Chicken Bake
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Spinach and Artichoke Chicken Bake
- Hawaiian Chicken Bake
- Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Ranch Chicken Bites
Any of these recipes goes great with Sautéed Spinach. Most of these dishes are low carb, gluten free and by adding spinach it keeps the calories low.
How to Make Sauté Spinach
This recipe is super easy and only takes around 5 minutes to make on the stovetop. Take a large skillet and heat olive oil at medium high on the stove. I prefer the skillet to be hot before adding the spinach. Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Then add the spinach to the pan, it will look like a lot, but will cook down quickly. Cook 4-6 minutes then remove from heat, add salt and pepper, and you are done.
Q: Is this dish gluten free?
A: This dish is gluten free and low carb. This is a great side dish if you are watching calories or feeding those with allergies.
Q: Can I use butter in place of oil?
A: You can use butter or oil. It is all about preference.
Q: Can I use frozen spinach in place of fresh?
A: Yes, you can but the spinach will have a slightly different texture. You will find it a bit more mushy than fresh spinach. The cooking time will remain the same.
How to Store Sautéed Spinach with Garlic
You can store garlic spinach in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator. I like to prep a lot of spinach at one time for the whole week. I like to separate the correct serving size in different containers and warm them up as needed. Perfect for meal prepping!
Can you Freeze Spinach?
You can freeze Sautéed Garlic Spinach for up to one month in an air tight container. I like to store them in small containers so I only need to reheat what I am going to use for that meal.
I really hope you enjoy this Sautéed Spinach with Garlic as a side dish as much as we do.
If you do get a chance to try it, I would love it if you let me know! You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipesso that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Oh and before you go!… If you need a regular rotation of recipe inspiration like me, make sure to sign up to get our emails! I send out my new favorites, the recipes my family has been devouring, and some of the best tried and true recipes. It is easy and free of course! You can click here to sign up or on the button below.
Sautéed Spinach with Garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 10 oz fresh spinach washed
- 2 gloves fresh garlic pressed
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet with olive oil over medium high heat on the stove.
- Add the garlic in and cook stirring for about 30 seconds. Add spinach covering the garlic, piling it all in the pan. Let cook 2-3 minutes, then continue to cook an additional 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently until all spinach leaves have wilted.
- Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot. Enjoy!
- Cook until everything is just wilted. Overcooking can cause spinach to be bitter.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to a month. Dietary Considerations:
- This recipe is naturally gluten free, low carb, and friendly for low carb and keto diets. Nutrition facts provided based on my best estimation for the recipe and may not be accurate depending on what brands you use or modifications you make to the recipe. I recommend using a nutrition calculator with the exact brands and measurements you use for the most accurate calculation.