Whether it is a quick and easy meal at home, on the go, or beating the boring lunch box routine with something packed with flavor, this Pesto Chicken Caesar Wrap is perfect for anytime! Using rotisserie chicken makes it super easy to throw together and you can scale it to feed one person or 30 so easily. It is such a simple meal, but anything but boring and the perfect combo of flavors is something you can show off even for a brunch, pot luck lunch, or shower.
Guys, I gotta be honest here… I have this new and delicious recipe for these Pesto Chicken Caesar Wraps, but man, I am tired! We packed up our home and hit the road almost exactly a month ago and it has been a marathon with 3 small kids. In and out of hotels, all smashed in one room together, let’s just say the stress has been high and the sleep has been low!
The good news is that we finally arrived in our new home for the year… Rhode Island! Well, to be precise we are in the state, but still not actually in our house. We will have to spend another week in less than glamorous close quarters before we actually get to FINALLY settle into our new home.
It has been long, but we have tried to make it a fun adventure for the kids. Whether they really enjoyed it and will remember it past the next 3 weeks, or we are a glutton for punishment, well the jury is still out, BUT we definitely tried our best. We did what I like to call the “direct route” from Salt Lake City to Rhode Island, heading through Colorado, Texas, Florida, and up the east coast. Okay, well not so direct, but we tried to make the most out of every stop. We spent my daughter’s birthday at the new Great Wolf Lodge in Colorado Springs, and my birthday at the adult equivalent, Magnolia Market. We have seen cities, beaches, historical landmarks, and amusement parks. Best of all we got to spend lots of quality time with family and close friends along the way.
All that to say, I have been a bit slower on the blog these past few months but I am still here and have some really great things to share once things settle down a bit on our home front. I did however make up a bunch of my favorite recipes before our movers came so that I could share them with you over the summer while I didn’t have access to a real kitchen. This one is so simple, but just so good!
What I love about these Pesto Chicken Caesar Wraps are a few things. First, the addition of pesto gives them a really special taste. They aren’t just boring old chicken caesar wraps, but there is something added that really amps up the flavor and gives it a wow factor. Second, these are perfect for pretty much anything! You could eat it for lunch or dinner at home or on the go. Plus since the recipe is so easy with so few ingredients and steps, it is just crazy simple to scale up or down. You can make this for one or twenty one with very little extra effort. Third, making these with rotisserie chicken makes them extra tasty and cuts WAY down on prep time, which means you can have dinner on the table in minutes without ever having to heat up the oven.
The extra special taste plus the ease to make and scale makes it not only perfect for a quick family meal, but something you can show up with to a pot luck or add to the menu at a baby or bridal shower. If you are tired of the same ol’ lunch box sandwich this makes a great change of pace. And if you are low carb’n it, you can see my very similar recipe for a Pesto Chicken Caesar Salad here!
Since I am fading fast, and you are probably getting pretty hungry, let’s just skip right on to the recipe!
Pesto Chicken Caesar Wraps- Recipe Step by Step
If you want to hear my step by step notes and directions for this recipe, follow along below. If not feel free to scroll to the bottom of the post to grab the full recipe card.
- 1-2 romaine heart, shredded- Depending on the size of your heads, you might need one or two. If I am just making a couple of wraps I can almost always get by with one.
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken, removed from bones and shredded- Use any flavor from your favorite super market.
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese- Make sure not to use the powdered kind here. The freshly grated will give you SO MUCH more flavor!!
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (optional) – I love tomatoes and think they add lots of bonus nutrients so I am a big fan of throwing them in. If you don’t care for them then just leave them out. It is great either way!
- 2 Tbsp pesto- I usually use the prepared kind bought at Sam’s Club or Costco. Both have really great pre-made pesto. If you are wondering what to do with all that pesto, then check out my Italian Chicken Bake… YUM!
- 2 Tbsp creamy caesar dressing- Make sure it is creamy, other than that, just use what you like! We often use Ken’s brand creamy caesar.
- 2-4 large flour tortillas- If you are making a meal size you will definitely want big ones. If it is for a party, you might want to get a size down.
- In a large bowl, mix romaine hearts, chicken, cheese, tomatoes, pesto, and dressing together until evenly coated. Throw it all in and just give it a few stirs.
- Lay the tortillas flat and then use tongs to fill the center of each tortilla with the salad mixture. I probably fill it with a good amount of mixture where it is about 1-1.5″ from the end and about 3 inches from the sides.
- Fold the ends of the tortilla in, then wrap the tortilla up, then cut in half and secure with a tooth pick if desired. You can also use those little cherry tomatoes to put on the tooth picks to garnish it here if you want to make it look fancy!
- Enjoy! So little work, such yummy food. What is not to love?!
I hope you get a chance to give this recipe a try. I really don’t think you have truly enjoyed Caesar Salad until you have added pesto. Putting it in a wrap is just an extra bonus that makes it more portable! If you give it a try I would love to hear about it in the comments or tag me in a pic on your Instagram @easyfamilyrecipes. Hearing others enjoy my recipes absolutely makes my day!
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Pesto Chicken Caesar Wraps
- 1-2 romaine heart shredded
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken removed from bones and shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes optional
- 2 Tbsp pesto
- 2 Tbsp creamy caesar dressing
- 2-4 large flour tortillas
- In a large bowl, mix romaine hearts, chicken, cheese, tomatoes, pesto, and dressing together until evenly coated.
- Lay the tortillas flat and then use tongs to fill the center of each tortilla with the salad mixture.
- Fold the ends of the tortilla in, then wrap the tortilla up, then cut in half and secure with a tooth pick if desired.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)